Chapter 7

"तेरे प्यार की चादर ओढ़ी है,
मेरे दिल की हर ख्वाहिश तुझसे जुड़ी है।
तू मेरी जिंदगी की मीठास है,
हर पल तेरे बिना अधूरी रात है।"
🌷

"A-aap"

Devika's eyes widened with pleasant surprise. "Lakhilya! Yes, it's me."

Atharv looked between them, puzzled. "You two know each other?"

Devika laughed softly. "We met a while ago. Lakhilya is such a delightful young woman."

The initial surprise melted into laughter and shared stories. Lakhilya found herself more comfortable than she had ever imagined, and Rathore's presence made her feel right at home.

Pandit Shankar, who had arrived earlier, initiated the conversation. "It's wonderful to see both families coming together like this. Even though Vikrant couldn't make it today, it's important that we move forward with fixing the date for the ceremony."

Anand nodded. "Yes, indeed. We are here today to discuss and finalize the auspicious date."

Pandit spread out the astrological charts on the table, pointing to various dates. "Based on the horoscopes and the positions of the stars, I have identified a two dates that would be ideal for the ceremony. However, we must ensure that these dates are convenient for both families."

Devika leaned forward, studying the charts with interest. "These dates look good, Panditji. We are flexible and can arrange our schedules accordingly."

Pandit Shankar addressed both families, "The first date is quite soon, but it is exceptionally auspicious. The second date is also good but will require much patience."

Pandit had identified two potential dates: one in a 2 weeks and another that was over a year away.

Atharv spoke up, "Our family is open to either date. The sooner one is convenient for us.

Lakhilya, who had been quietly observing the conversation, felt a knot tighten in her stomach. The idea of a wedding just a 2 weeks away seemed overwhelming, Her thoughts swirled as she tried to process her feelings and the implications of each choice.

Devika turned to Lakhilya, noticing the tension in her expression. "Lakhilya, what do you think? This is a significant decision, and your comfort and happiness are our top priorities."

Lakhilya took a deep breath, feeling the weight of everyone's eyes on her. She appreciated her family's support but felt the pressure of making a decision that would impact everyone. "Papa, Panditji, Mr. and Mrs. Rathore, I am ok with the first one. Papa's choice is my choice.

Pandit nodded approvingly. "Very well, then. We shall proceed with the earlier date. Let us mark this day as the beginning of a beautiful journey for Lakhilya and Vikrant."

Atharv smiled caressing his daughter hair.
After a brief discussion, an agreement was reached, and the date was set. The atmosphere in the room lightened as the formalities concluded.

Devangini looked at Lakhilya with a warm smile. "We are so happy to welcome you into our family, Lakhilya. We believe you and Vikrant will have a wonderful life together."

Lakhilya gave tight-lip smile, feeling a sense of comfort and optimism. "Thank you, Mrs. Rathore. I look forward to becoming a part of your family."

With the decision made, The families began discussing plans and preparations, each member eager to contribute to making the wedding a memorable and joyous occasion.