𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐; 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒐 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕.

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆; 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚.

[Y/N pov]

I knew I would be arriving late to this stupid party, but did I care? Not one bit. I spot Barb's car and I park behind it. I don't need anyone knowing that I, Y/N Byers, is over at the house of the guy she hates while her little brother is missing. They'll think I'm screwing him to cope. The thought makes me gag. 

When I arrive at the door, I press the doorbell. Wait. No one comes. Letting out a big sigh, I aggressively push the button over and over again until Steve opens the door for me. "Y/N. How wonderful of you to make it." He spits through gritted teeth. I just stare at him as he looks me up and down. Slowly, might I add. I wear baggy, dark blue washed jeans and a red 'Coca-Cola' baby tee overtop of a white long sleeve. Not much to be mesmerized at. "Pleasure to be here, Steve." I smile politely, but I clamp my teeth together so hard I hear them crunch against each other.

He moves aside, letting me pass down his hall and out back to the pool. I don't doubt Nancy and Barb were given a more friendly welcome, not that it bothered me anyways. I walk in to see Tommy swinging Carol in his arms to throw her into the pool. He's counting down. One. Two. Three. "Stop it, Tommy, no! Don't!" She shrieks in fear. Tommy lets out a laugh that I never want to hear again. It sounds like someone shat in his mouth and made him choke on it. He puts her down as it happens. "You're such an asshole, Tommy." I guess me and Carol can agree on one thing.

Nancy comes to give me a hug and I smile for what will probably be the only time tonight. 'Thank you' she mouths to me and she goes to sit with Steve again. Steve, Steve, Steve. What's even so great about him? He grabs a beer and a knife, stands next to Nancy and she smiles like a princess getting her crown. Steve cuts some slits into the bottom of the can, puts it to his lips and chugs it down. Nancy bites her lip, as if that was the hottest thing ever. Me and Barb share a look of delusion. Shoot me if I ever call Steve Harrington hot.

He grunts like an old man and lays down on a pool bed while grabbing a cigarette off his ear. "Is that supposed to impress me?" Nancy teases. He looks around, appalled and confused. "You're not?" Of course she is, she's just trying to see what's under those jeans. "You are a cliche, you do realize that?" She lets out her love for books. I wouldn't recommend doing that around this crowd, but considering she's got an in, it's fair play i guess. "You are a cliche. What with your- your grades and your band practice." Steve says as he lights his cigarette. "I am so not in band!" Nancy laughs back as if it's a bad thing. My friend Robin's in band, she's probably got more of a personality than Nancy has in one brain cell.

"Okay, party girl. Why don't you just, uh, show us how it's done then?" He questions and hands her a beer. Oh god. I know she's not gonna try and do this alone. She needs to spare herself the embarrassment. Luckily, Jonathan taught me how to do this when we were about 15, he said it was 'in case i needed to get out alive by doing this.' She turns to me. Shit. "Uh, Y/N, you wanna do it with me?" I swallow and blink hard before agreeing and grabbing a beer and the knife. "Byers, you gotta make a little hole right in the bottom of it-" Steve starts, assuming I don't know how to do this considering I don't get invited to things. "I've done this before, Steve." I interrupt him. "Yeah, she's smart, you douche!" Tommy sides with me.

The knife hits the metal of the can, sliding through it making a sharp ridge, you could easily cut yourself on that. I put it to my lips regardless. The raw alcoholic liquid slides down my throat, making it burn. Can you tell I don't drink much? Nevertheless, I finish before Nancy as the group chants 'chug, chug, chug.' It's weird. I've never done this before. Never really been a part of anything like this. Once we're both done Tommy starts howling like a wolf. Nancy turns to Barb, who's clearly not having a good time.