Part 1: Shadowstar

In a new school, it was common that the new kid would receive a temporary spotlight. However, Lucien had changed so many schools in the past two years that he had grown used to it. The bell had rung as he stepped inside the classroom. His hands were tucked inside of his green jacket as Lucien stopped next to Principal Damocles who stood with his barrel chest puffed out as his eyes gazed upon the seated students. Whispers were exchanged between some of them, but as the principal cleared his throat to gesture the class's attention.

"Starting today, we have a new student who flew from London. Allow me to introduce you all to Lucien Veil." Everyone's eyes shifted as words were expressed. Lucien knew his name alone wouldn't be recognized, but the family name of Veil held recognition. There was a boy at the front right row with a red hat that commented to the blonde boy who sat next to him.

"I didn't even know Marcus Veil had another son." Principal Damocles turned his eyes over to Lucien who appeared to be unfazed with the reactions. He gestured to Lucien with large hands that were once calloused from hard work.

"How about you tell us something about yourself?" Ordinarily it would have a perfect opportunity for other students and at least know a detail about him. However, Lucien nonchalantly turned his duets of hazel over to the large man. The words that came from his lips were soft like whispers in the wind.

"Where do I sit?" Blatant dismissal of the question, Damocles cocked an eyebrow before the teacher who dressed nicely in a white blazer and slacks. Her auburn hair pulled into a tight bun as she gestured to the desk in the far back.

"You can sit up there if you like." On the front row at the left side was a blonde young lady with baby blue eyes that seemed to have a scowl etched on her face. Lucien wasn't certain what her problem was, but he merely climbed up the stairs till he got to his desk. Everyone had pairs, but Lucien sat alone as he set his bag down next to his chair.

| ~ |

The classes went by uneventfully as the teacher explained rather extensively on their subjects. As everyone went to their lockers to grab their belongings, Lucien slinked back into the restroom section. He checked once to make sure no one else was in the bathroom. Poking their little head out from Lucien's jacket pocket was a tiny creature that vaguely resembled a crow as Lucien leaned against the wall with a sigh.

"I still don't understand what the premonition was trying to warn me about this place, Starr. Paris already has Ladybug and Cat Noir for heroes." The kwami held a corn chip in their hands as they paused for a moment. Their beady eyes lingered upon the chip.

"Perhaps it has to do with the increase in akuma activity?" They munched on the chip as Lucien sighed.

"That is a possibility, but I don't think that's it. I just know that the vision centered around this school for some reason." His hand reached into his pocket to retrieve a small bag of corn chips and offered a couple of them to Starr. They accepted the offer with a certain eagerness as Starr munched on the chips.

"Well, to be fair my power only allows you to see the possibilities of what the future might hold. Sometimes it just doesn't come true." For context, Starr had the power to receive glimpses of the future, and sometimes as Lucien determined that these visions had the tendency to not occur at all. Starr glanced at the bathroom door before they perked up.