Part 5: Glaciar

It was supposed to be just a fun day. The classmates were buzzing with activity as they planned to locate someone by the name of André. Lucien was only paying half attention as Alya was talking about to Nino and was nudging for Marinette to go as well. Rose and Juleka also talked about going, and Chloe was trying to convince Adrien to go with her.

At some point, he tuned them out as his eyes rested upon the open book in front of him. The context of the book was much like a mystery. People kept disappearing, the authorities looked for the missing people but to no avail. The twist was that the main character's close friend happened to be the culprit as he was going around abducting people who wronged him in school. As some sort of twisted vengeance or something. Just before he could finish it, Starr whimpered underneath his jacket as Lucien felt like some invisible force was trying to split his mind open.

A new possibility appeared before his mental eye as Lucien placed a hand over his right eye. A feeble attempt to disconnect stimuli as anything else only made it worse. Only an image appeared in his mind this time, but it was one of the villains that Lucien hoped to never face again. In his mind Lucien could vividly see a tall man dressed in a blue tuxedo. He even had a top hat with a masked face where only the pair of green eyes could be seen. That same wicked grin that flashed the golden tooth.

It wasn't until he heard someone's voice call out to him that Lucien snapped back to reality. Ms.Bustier had already entered the classroom and was going through the list of presentations. However, he only concluded this after he blinked a couple of times. Unsure what he was being called for until Ms.Bustier made a comment.

"Next time, make sure not to read too much before class. Lucien present, and now..." The teacher went further down the list. Nobody laughed, but neither did anyone look in his direction. Lucien let out a sigh as he looked down at his jacket. The crow kwami looked up from its hiding spot as there was a silent acknowledgement. Something had changed, and he didn't know the full extent to it. Without saying a word, he reached to his stack of books on his desk where he plucked a sketchbook from the top. With pencil in hand, Lucien tried to get a quick sketch of what he had seen while it was still fresh on his mind.

"For today's lesson, we are going to have a project where you will be grouped up in pairs. The project involves where you write your own story. Now I know that the category is vast so we'll keep it simple to where it has to be non-fiction related topics. Go ahead and pick out your partner and we can get started." Lucien had already decided he was going to do this alone. So he went ahead and flipped open his notebook as he began jotting down ideas.

By the time the commotion had settled which ironically wasn't much moving around to begin with. "Sarbina, you get to write the papers and I'll pitch the ideas." Chloe spoke to the girl next to her who obediently agreed without question. Ms. Bustier had already noticed that Lucien didn't have a partner, and it was why she called out to him again.

"Mr. Veil, would you like to join one of the groups for this project?" He naturally looked up for a moment as the young teen thought about it before he shook his head dismissively. "Nah, I'll be fine like this." Not that he'd outright say it, but him getting pulled to do superhero work would also be terrible for the other person. If anything he'd rather not pull anyone down because of his double life. Ms. Bustier however was not satisfied. "This is a group effort, not a solo act."