Part 4: Veil

The days that went by were almost like a haze. Before Lucien knew it, it was already the day of when he was supposed to meet up with Nino and his friends at the concert. Apparently it took place on a boat which Lucien found to be interesting. If it wasn't for the reminder on his calendar then Lucien probably would've forgotten all about it. Ever since the mess that involved Rick's arrest. Lucien, or rather Shadowstar, began to work with the other Miraculous Holders against the akumatized people. More than a handful of times that Ladybug and himself had argued for... well just about anything.

Additionally, as Lucien noticed that his school life was gradually changing too. More people tried to talk to him just about every day at school. At first it was just Nino, but eventually even Juleka, accompanied by Rose, tried to strike up a conversation with Lucien. Eventually it was becoming apparent that Lucien would have to start changing up his usual pattern so that he could read in peace.

"...it's just the news. It appears that as of recently the vigilante named Shadowstar has officially joined our Heroes of Paris following the incident where a terrorist attacked our heroes. But who is this new hero, and why were they fighting in the first place?" The lady on the news channel was the only sound that was made in the large living room before the scoff of annoyance interrupted whatever else the news lady was saying.

"Him again? All of these heroes are so annoying." A boy with short perfectly layered blonde hair with sharp blue eyes that saw disgust everywhere. Lucien swore that scoff was a permanent feature if the boy didn't play the actor well. "What makes you say that?" A voice that was deep and smoky came from a man who sat next to the rude boy. His curly salt and pepper hair complimented his groomed beard as his hazel eyes drifted to his stepson.

"Because if it weren't for the heroes then there wouldn't be a villain in the first place! They wouldn't be running around creating havoc just for a hero to pop up." The boy said as he expressed with exaggerated hand movements. A familiar set of heels could be heard from the stairs as a dark haired woman in a fine dark red dress was fixing her earrings. The heels alerted the man of her presence as he smiled warmly at her. "You look stunning love, ready to get going?"

She flashed her pearly white teeth as she responded. "Of course hon. Adam, Lucien, make sure you clean the dishes and take out the trash before we get back." Lucien finally looked up from the book he was reading at the kitchen counter. His eyes blinked a couple of times as Lucien more or less snapped back to reality. "Oh, right I meant to ask earlier, but could I leave for a few hours in a bit?" He inquired to which the woman raised her curved brow. She had grown used to him not saying more than a few words that surprised her a bit. The gentleman stood up to his feet as he walked around to greet the woman with a kiss on her cheek.

"Where are you going?" She asked as she wasn't against it. "Oh it's uh... a little concert that some people from class invited me to. It's over at the river just before you hit the coast." At the mention of the concert took the smiling man back a few years. A memory that brought pleasant emotions to be certain as he looked at the woman. "Fine, but don't be late. And take care of the dishes at least before you go." Lucien knew that Anna wasn't his biological mother, but that didn't make her any less of a mother.

"Alright, I'll knock them out in a bit then." Lucien agreed as it was reasonable to say the least. The boy however groaned again. "Does this mean I have to do the trash? Why can't we just hire a butler or a maid to do it instead?" This caused the mother to put her delicate hands on her hips as her expression slightly grew stern. "Because you need to start taking responsibility like your brother here."