Part 16: Dream

There were only a few things in life that made Adrien genuinely nervous. If it was just a typical photoshoot, an interview, or even attending events in his father's stead. Adrien could've just put on a smile and go with the flow just as he's always done in the past. However, this time was completely different than what Adrien was used to, or so he believed.

As he looked himself in the mirror as he kept adjusting his tie because it just didn't look right to him. Plagg was off to the side as he had a plate of old cheese that the kwami savored every bite of. "What's the big deal about this dinner party anyways? It's not like they got any good cheese, right?" Plagg questioned. Truly he didn't understand the customs and traditions that humans held. Despite being a cosmic being himself, Plagg rarely bothered with learning the cultures unless it was to deal with cheese.

"Well it's... something that we tend to do once for various reasons. Namely when it comes to business, but sometimes people use these dinner invitations for more personal reasons." If there was anything to go by with the movies, and the fact that it was known that Adrien was dating Kagami. In fact he'd be surprised if there was a person who didn't know, considering how widespread it became due to his father's influence and Tomoe's connections. Not that they really mind, but Adrien would be lying if he didn't want their private life to stay that way.

Adrien could hear the melodies in his mind, songs waiting to be composed, and it was why Adrien had half a mind to see if Luka wouldn't mind another musician in his group. He was certain that Luka wouldn't say no to the idea since the guy loved string instruments in particular. Or maybe he could do something else instead? Something that was Adrien's own decision and not what his father or anyone else had decided for him.

"Sounds like a total drag if you ask me." Plagg confessed. The kwami's words made Adrien chuckle. It amused the blonde haired boy of how laid back and free Plagg always portrayed to be. There was a knock on the door as Adrien heard a familiar voice being spoken. The boy knew that voice anywhere.

"Adrien, are you ready?" Plagg barely had time to stuff his plate of old cheese in a cabinet and close the door behind him. For the door to Adrien's room opened as it was none other than Gabriel Agreste, a man that commanded authority with his very presence, yet he seemed to be in good spirits. For once, he was smiling as Adrien found it surprising. "Father?"

"Your tie needs some work. Here, let me help you." Adrien's hands fell to his side as his father approached and undone the haphazard attempt with deft fingers. "I was trying not to bother you too much father." The boy admitted. His compassion was touching as Gabriel's smile grew bigger just a tad. "It's quite alright son. Frankly, I thought that you had a couple of more years before you had to worry about this kind of thing, but you seem to be growing faster than I can blink."

Gabriel expertly made the tie perfectly, but then a thought occurred to Gabriel. He unravels the tie once again. "Actually, you know what, I'll teach you a simple trick with the tie." Adrien watched as Gabriel went through the steps of the necktie. It was so simple that Adrien felt almost ashamed that he didn't figure it out sooner. However, Gabriel only chuckled at his son's brief insecurity. "I suppose it makes sense. Even in the photoshoots and commercials; you've always had someone else do it for you. But you've grown into a young man now. Depending on how well this goes, you will have a bright future with many possibilities waiting for you."