Chapter 2

When he made it back to his flat, both of the Sallow twins beat him, already making themselves at home in his sitting room. Just how he liked it.

"About time, Ominis!" Anne called out with a grin while she had her feet propped up on the table from her spot on the sofa. She was dressed very similar to her twin brother, but they both took off their jackets. Anne was wearing a dark gray sleeveless hoodie while Sebastian wore a black, thick-strapped tank top.

Ominis hung his long coat onto the coat rack by the door, his HELP sensed it was wet and started to dry it with a fan in the wall. He went past his kitchen, setting down his case and file tablet on his island counter. He came into the sitting room and saw that his wall-screen TV was on and showing the menu of the Legacy game.

"Very eager to play today, are we?" he teased as he plopped down between the twins.

"Work dragged on for me," Anne groaned, blowing away her bangs. "Pharmaceutical work is usually constant, but it was really static today."

"Told you not to go into the medical field," Sebastian remarked, snickering when he ducked out of the way of Anne's swatting hand.

"How's it been for you, Sebastian?" She asked back. "At least I have a stable job!"

He shrugged and leaned back, putting his hands behind his head. "I'm perfectly fine getting odd jobs every now and then. Matter of fact, I got hired to be a bouncer at Horntail Hall tomorrow night when one of their droids went kaput."

"That's a pretty good job. Isn't that a big club?" Ominis asked.

Sebastian hummed in affirmation. "Owned by one of the biggest groups of Purus City, in fact. I think they're called Golden Snatchers, but all I've heard is good things." He sat up, his brown eyes shining with excitement. "I heard they sell actual meat there, as well as the freshest fruit this slag heap has to offer."

"We get actual meat here too," Anne pointed out.

"Yeah, that's why you two constantly come to visit," Ominis dryly said.

"But we love you too," Anne cooed teasingly as she pulled Ominis into a side-hug. He awkwardly patted her hand, not used to much affection. She withdrew her hand and reached over to pick up one of the controllers. "Come on, let's play!"

The three of them spent the entire evening playing the fantasy game, often yelling at each other to do certain things, but all around having a good time. Sebastian, per his promise, paid for dinner as they took a break from their gaming. The dumbwaiter next to the sofa soon brought up their food on a large circular tray, which Ominis took and set on the table. They were starving, and soon dug in.

"My poor wallet," Sebastian sniffed, looking at the funds on his phone.

"You'll survive," Anne said with a grin as she popped another raspberry into her mouth.

Ominis snickered as he cut another piece off his steak. "We had an agreement," he reminded him. "You'll get to have all of the fresh meat you want tomorrow, when you work at that Horntail Hall."

"That is true," Sebastian mused before slurping up ramen. His eyes lit up and he smiled more. "Big pay with it too, and then I can buy more fresh meat."

They soon finished eating their meals and got to the last part of their dinner. There were three dark vitamins that had a red center, a typical addition to their meals.

They all took one, Anne and Ominis were quick to eat the fruity and gummy vitamin. Sebastian, on the other hand, simply looked at it curiously.

"Why do we eat these?" he asked, turning it in his fingers.