Chapter 4

Ominis drove to a stop in front of the repair shop. He double-checked his messages to make sure Poppy told him she lived in the flat above it. He put the kickstand out and got off. It was thankfully not raining tonight either, but the skies were dark as usual.

He smoothed down the front of his suit as well as smoothed back his hair before knocking on the door.

"Just a sec!" He heard through the door.

Ominis looked around, and then he figured it might be best if he didn't crowd her once she was out the door. He moved back, getting off the one-step porch.

The door opened, and he turned to look, and when he saw her, he felt breathless. Poppy was wearing a blue midi halter dress with a short cream-colored military-style jacket and her usual military boots. For some reason, the blue dress stood out to him, and for a second, he heard Poppy herself say, "Blue, like still water." Was that another memory? But he wasn't dreaming. Or...was he?

She closed the door and walked out to stand before him. She tucked her hair behind her ear. "Did I overdo it?"

His mind finally caught up to what she said, and he shook his head, flushing more. "No," he quickly reassured. "I might have underdone it myself."

Poppy bit down on her smile and looked at him. He was wearing his usual leather long coat, but this time with a dark green suit and slacks with a silver tie. "I think you're perfectly dressed." She tilted her head at him, a playful glint in her eyes. "Do you only wear suits?"

"It's...my style," he slowly answered with a shrug. "Military uniforms or cargo pants are not me."

She nodded, looking impressed. "You have strong conviction in how you dress at least, that's a good start," she said with some levity.

He smiled and offered a hand to help her onto his cycle. "Wait until you hear me talking about etiquette."

She laughed and let him help her. "I feel like I already know where you stand," she teased with a grin. Just a minute with her, and his heart was already flipping like mad.

He got on the motorcycle, with her sitting right behind him. As he kicked away the stand, he felt her arms wrap around his waist. He took a deep breath, flashing back to that first dream he had. Now it seemed like it was the other way around this time... He swallowed and started his cycle, and once he was sure she had a secure hold on him, he pulled into the street.

They made it to the Hogsmeade Tower, a thirteenth-story building. It was a mall with a different store on each level. There were three floors of food and entertainment, but the highest one was the Three Broomsticks. Ominis didn't know why the tower was called Hogsmeade or why things were called as such. Then again, he felt he had dreams involving these places, so maybe there was a strange explanation for it all.

The first floor was open for transportation parking, and he drove in, finding a spot and parking. He helped Poppy off, and then he offered his arm to her. She gave him a smile of gratitude as she looped her arm around his, their shoulders barely brushing against each other. Ominis felt warmth emanating from their linked arms, something that made him think about another moment.

"So you don't trip again," he had said with a teasing tone as he offered his arm to her.

"Won't you be afraid I'll just drag you down with me?" She jokingly asked.

He smirked, greatly amused by her. "As if you could; you're quite smaller than I am so I highly doubt you'd be able to 'drag me down'." He heard her playfully huff.

"That makes me want to try bringing you down just to prove you wrong."

Was Anne right? Was Poppy really a key to figuring out his dreams?