Chapter 5

Y/N was waving goodbye at her grandmother from a distance, standing some far away from her home. The Old lady's pink cardigan was looking so prominent like the pink hue spreading in the west due to sunset.

"She's so cute." Y/N chuckled, giving her a last glance she turned around , having a wide smile on her lips. The sky was becoming dark, the sun had already set in the west leaving a pink and purple hue behind. But the above sky had already become so dark blue.

Averting her gaze to the empty road, she could spot the bus- stand at a distance. The wind now was so chilled, her hands found their way inside the big pockets of her coat. Reaching the bus-stand, Y/N sighed, taking a seat on the old rusty bench.

“The last evening bus must come at 7! Shouldn't it?” Y/N mumbled looking at the timings chart pasted on the old wooden walls of the bus stop. The chart said the last bus of the day would arrive at 7pm in the evening.

Y/n looked down at her wristwatch and it was currently 6:55pm. This means the bus could come anytime soon.

The five minutes passed so soon but there wasn't any sign of the bus. Y/N raised her chin to look to the distance but there was only darkness. There were farm fields on both the sides of the road which looked so dark.

Y/N’s eyes moved around the lonely road but couldn't spot any vehicle passing by, it was almost as if the road suddenly became so deserted, like nobody used to come there. It was partially true, due to the recent increasing killings, people started avoiding traveling at night to the outskirts.

Y/N knew this and wondered if she could get the bus tonight or not.

The only source of light there was that dim and dull yellow light of the bus stand.

Half an hour passed by and the weather was becoming more chilled, there was no sign of a bus anywhere near. She tried booking a cab but it showed a delay in arriving due to the heavy traffic in the town.

Y/N’s foot was tapping on the floor, her nibbling on her lower lip. She was avoiding looking at the dark road, it just gave her an unsettling feeling. Darkness always gives her chills and churns.

It was so silent around her that she could hear her own breathing. Y/N shook her head, wondering if she should go back to her grandma's but she can't stay there, tomorrow she has surgery to take over and that's too in the morning.

Y/N closed her eyes, her focus on her surroundings became more. It gave her chills how quiet it was. But suddenly she heard a vehicle’s arrival, faintly.

Y/N looked to her right, two blinding headlights came in her view, she squinted her eyes to see if it was a bus. But no, It seemed like a car, so she turned her head down. Should she consider taking a lift??

No way, she should not.

As the car was arriving near, y/n dropped her right leg down, from the left one, sitting straight and looking down. Whoever the car's driver is ,should just ignore her and drive away. The headlights were falling on her face when the car suddenly stopped near her.

Y/N heard a door opening and closing but didn't look up. She could feel steps coming closer and soon a pair of black boots came into her view, the person stood just in front of her. Y/N clutched on her handbag tight, if there's anything she would punch it on the person's face.

With that thought in mind, Y/N looked up while standing up but as soon as her eyes met the familiar black round ones, Y/N’s eyes slightly widened. 

Him?

It was unexpected.

In front of her was standing the same guy she saved and treated today.

The guy who looked so fine now, was staring at her with an emotionless face. His gaze was still cold. He was wearing the same clothes, his long black hair brushed back and dried.