Chapter 8

Louis POV

Oh Sh*t

"Hey Um Mr. Tomlinson?" Harry's voice questions behind me and I almost scream from panic.

I had managed to avoid him all day except for the first period in which I never called on him or glanced in his general direction.

"Yes?" I turn hesitantly and look at him for the first time today. His hair is in the same perfect position as usual and he looks as good as he always does, but he's frowning and I assume it's because he's noticed my change in behavior.

"Well Um I Was Just Wondering If We Could... Um Talk, You Know About Yesterday." He whispers the last part and I feel myself freeze.

"Sure But Can We Maybe Not Do It In The School Parking Lot?"

I say and do my best to make it sound jokingly.

"Oh Right Yeah Sorry," he says nervously and pulls a small smile before turning around and walking in the direction of his car.

I get in my own and start the drive back to our flats, dreading what is about to come.

...

I'd trying to delay the trip trip to our flats for a while, taking longer routes, stopping at every yellow light, and even getting out to help a owner catch their dog, but as I arrive at the building, too soon for my liking, I notice Harry's car parked outside from the entrance.

I parked my car slowly, deliberately backing in so as to waste that much more time from having to come face to face with my extremely, God forsakingly attractive, yet ABSOLUTELY OFF-LIMITS student.

...

I make it to the top of the stairs on the floor of our flats before my breath starts to stutter and my steps faltering enough to almost make me trip. My feet get me about halfway to my door before I do actually fall, my trembling hands only midway through the fall, coming back to life in a failed attempt to stop it.

But what does keep my body from colliding with the cheap, dirty carpet of the flat hallway, are two large hands that wrap around my torso and pull me up to my feet, and flush against my rescuers chest.

For a moment I just stand there, radiating in the all too familiar warmth of the person behind me.

I picture him standing there when I turn around with that grin on his face.

The grin that I know will be accompanied by a "Maybe You Should Watch Were You're Going Next Time Lou" and a playful hit of the shoulders.

But as I turn around and the arms are quickly removed, I am face to face, not with the expected playful tone, but a reserved one that makes me stiff.

"Are You Okay" Harry says, stuffing his hands in his pockets and not meeting my eyes.

"Yeah" I reply quietly, not helping the awkward tension of this conversation at all. Nor my already shaky demeanor.

"Okay" Harry says and I can't tell if he's still talking to me anymore.

"Okay" He repeats once more and now Im positive that he's no longer talking to me.

Suddenly he walks past me, and I almost fall over again in my confusion.

"Wait." I call out just as he makes it to his door and he turns slowly, meeting my eyes briefly before positioning them back to the floor.

"Do You Still Want To Talk?" I ask and my voice is higher than usual as my nervousness resurfaces.

He only nods and goes to unlock his door. I ponder that for a moment, why he would be unlocking his door, before the realization hits me full force and Im struggling to breath again.

He wants to talk in HIS flat.

I walk slowly, edging closer and closer to his door until Im standing directly in front of the now, opened flat door.

I follow him in as he sets his keys on a hook at the end of the hallway and makes his way over to the couch in the living room.

He sits down and I mimic his actions sitting down as calmly as I can.

We stay seated, facing forward, for God knows how long before the silence slowly becomes to much for me and Im blurting out anything and everything that comes to mind.

"Im Sorry Harry, Shit Im Sorry And What Happened-

What Shouldn't Have Happened, It Was A Mistake. Fuck Im Just Sorry And Stupid And I Wasn't Thinking And Taking Advantage Of You Like That, Was So Wrong. So, So, So Fucking Wrong And Im So God damn Sorry You Won't Even Believe And-"

"It's My Fault" Harry interrupts

and I quickly shake my head, unknowingly scooting closer to him while trying to come up with a reason why he would think that.

"No Harry, It's Not Your Fault. You Didn't Do Anything, Im The One Who Did It Harry. I Took Advantage Of You, Your My Student, My Underage Fucking Student And I Took Advantage Of You. I Wouldn't Even Be Surprised If You Reported Me." I say, guilt building like towers towers throughout my body.

"It's My Fault, Not Yours." Harry says again and I look up at him confusedly.

"I Mean I Can't Remember Much But I Know Im The One That Initiated It. I Didn't Give You Any Choice And I Know It's My Fault."

He looks down when he finishes and I just stare at him. He's not accusing me?! Me, the one that made out with him while he wasn't even remotely sober.

The silence continued for a while longer and by the time I had finished my inward rant and looked back up, I had assumed a full five minutes had passed.

He still had his head hung low and I could only see the lower half of his face but I quickly realized he was crying by the slight shaking of his bottom lip and his out of beat sniffling.

I quickly went into action, shifting even closer to the boy in front of me and moving my hands to lift his face up. His eyes were shut tightly and his bottom lip quivered even more as I leveled my face with his. A choked sob rippled out of his throat and I immediately took to wiping away the tears littering his face.

He opens his eyes as I continue to work the pads of my thumbs across his face in an attempt to stop the tears.

"Im Sorry" He chokes out and I stop stroking his cheeks to meet his eyes. They are red and extremely puffy, yet they still hold the most breath-taking green iris' that I've ever seen in my life.

My resolves are unknowingly breaking for this beautiful boy and I know that this is wrong. SO WRONG, but how can I deny him. Especially when he is as vulnerable as he is now.