Chapter 52- Schemer of the Scalding Sands

Dreamland...

The air was dry and hot. The area was covered in sand. The night sky was full of stars.

Am I in a desert right now??

<Jafar> You.. are late.

Jafar is seen on horseback.

<Gazeem> A thousand apologies, O patient one. But I got it!

<Jafar> Trust me, my pungent friend. You'll get what's coming to you.

Gazeem shows Jafar the half of the golden Scarab Beetle. Jafar takes the half and combines it to his half. The golden Scarab Beetle once whole comes to life and starts flying in a direction, leaving behind a golden dust trail.

<Jafar> Quickly! Follow the trail! Faster!

The golden Scarab Beetle buries itself in the sand, and the sand starts to move around. The sand makes a giant tiger head with glowing eyes.

<Jafar> At last, after all my years of searching... The Cave of Wonders.

<Iago> Cave of Wonders!

<Jafar> Now, remember⎼bring me the lamp!

Gazeem makes his way to the sand tiger head, shaking in fear.

<The Cave Of Wonders> Who disturbs my slumber?

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Your Pov...

⦓Ramshackle Dorm- Bedroom⦔

"Here we go again," I sigh as I got up from under the bed covers. "I don't think I can handle being in the desert. I'm still healing from Azul's overblot and transforming into that large fox twice really reset the healing process for some wounds. I still need to wear bandages." I got ready for the day, waking Grim up in the process. We head downstairs and get greeted by the dorm ghosts.

"I'm still really sorry about the whole Halloween escape room," Fester says as he looks at the bandages that pop out from my uniform.

"It's fine," I weakly smile. "At least I got a power up move from it."

"Well, you do get to relax since today's the last day of the fall semester," Ryuu states.

"Oh yeah, tomorrow's the first day of the winter holiday," Hugh grins. "Have you two decided what you'll be doing?"

"Huh," Grim was confused. "What's a win-ter holly-day?" I tried to hide my laugh after hearing Grim's pronunciation.

"It's when school lets out for the season," Fester explains. "Most students go home to celebrate the new year with their family. They have fancy dinners, too."

"Wait, there's FOOD!?" Grim's interest was definitely captured.

"And plenty of it," Ryuu answers. "Roast turkey, pie, a ham as big as your head, you name it... Not that us ghosts can eat, of course."

"Some ghosts head home to the netherworld to spend holidays with the family too, y'know," Fester adds.

"Yeah, and some of 'em never come back," Hugh laughs.

"Spendin' time with the family while gettin' your grub on sounds nice..." Grim mutters.

"That's an interesting tradition," I think out loud.