1

"You all are wondering why I called you guys here today," I said, looking at my friends

"You all are wondering why I called you guys here today," I said, looking at my friends.  "What I'm about to tell you guys is important,"  Ian spoke up. 

"Ivor and I weren't doing anything important. I mean, if you call giving him a hickey important business between the two of us, then we are always doing important business." Ivor smacked him a good one after he said that.  

Lucille, Kip, and Kenzo laughed a little at what Ian said while Ivor's face turned red from embarrassment, and then turned to me.

"Whatever it is, you're about to tell us, Anselm. We're all ears," Lucille informed, smiling warmly.  

I took a deep breath before I began to speak.  "I got a call that my grandfather had passed away."  Lucille got up from where she was sitting and hugged me. "I'm so sorry to hear that."

"Thank you, Lucille." I replied, "But here's the thing, my grandfather left me a large amount of money, and the only way I can get it is to travel to Germany." Kenzo's face lit up.

"Where at in Germany, Anselm?" Kenzo asked, getting up from where he was sitting. 

"Berlin."

"Splendid!" He said.  Out of everyone in the friend group, Kenzo was the only one who was from a different country. He was very proud of where he came from and would usually tell us stories of growing up in Germany and how it was living with his younger brother, Stewart, who was an alcoholic. 

The current news was Stewart checked himself into a ward for alcoholics and drug addicts and seemed to be doing better than ever, which Kenzo was very pleased to hear.  When he gets mad, he even swears and speaks in German. He usually gets angry with Ian, but we all can't help but laugh at Kenzo while he does it. 

"I have been waiting to show you guys my home country." He said the housephone began to ring. 

I answered Anselm's housephone

I answered Anselm's housephone. "Hello?" I said.

"Kenzo, It's me, Cheyenne."  
Cheyenne Ray.  He's one of two of my brother's friends.  He told me he would keep a close eye on Stewart while he was going through treatment.  

"Chey, is everything alright?" I asked. Cheyenne's voice tingled with worry and anxiety.  "It's about Stewart." He replied.

"Oh god, what happened to Stewart?" I was fearing the worst.   "He left treatment. He called me earlier saying that He was coming home since he felt ready to come home."

I rubbed my face with my hand. "I knew he would do this. I knew he would."  I looked over at my friends, who were all looking at me.  

"Look, I will call you later."

"Okay, sounds good." He hung up after.   I put the phone back on the rack.  I turned around to see my friends all wearing the same facial expressions. 

"Is everything alright?" Kip asked.

"Let's just say, I have a reason to go to Germany now." I walked over to the couch to sit.  "Ivor and I needed a vacation anyway," Ian informed, putting an arm around Ivor.   I picked up my glass. 

"A toast to a good German vacation." Everyone picked up their glasses. 

"To Germany!"