ONE

"My queen, I do regret to intrude but—"

Just as the guard was to announce the arrival of the particular offspring's arrival—a deep, rich voice of familiarity filled the room once more. As such did so, the queen's emerald eyes almost glimmered with joy as a smiled cracked upon her  usually stoic face.

"I believe Arthur here were going to announce I have arrived." He charmingly smirked, stretching his arms out as if he were the king himself as he walked through the parlor room his mother usually sat in. Queen Catherine sat properly within her couch, which was a rich velvet red that complimented well with the cream walls and golden trims. She stood up in one motion at the sights of her son who she only spoke to through letters; now only a few steps away. With her arms wide open for him, she awaited him to walk into her arms. "Hello mother" He smiled

"My love, How I missed you." She spoke in passion, rubbing her sons back as if she hadn't touched him in years when it were only a few weeks. She could only remember the dispain and sourness in her chest when her eldest son said he desired to travel. She had all the power to say no and yet seemed powerless when it came to her son's desires. "You must come tell your father you arrived from your travels. Come along" She rushed, Pulling him along with her.

"I longed for you to arrive, and just the beginning of the season for new debutantes to debute!" She exclaimed as they walked through the walls of the castle. Victor could not refrain from a roll of his eyes. He knew with his arrival, his mother would bring up the subject of marriage whether now or later. It seems perhaps she decided now rather than later. It was tradiation, not just for royals such as themselves; but for all of london elites to gather in the capital to attend lavish social events such as balls, sporting events, and a debute of newly fresh young women ready to marry. They called it social season. Every season, the royal family host a ball, allowing debutantes to debute within the castle walls to ensure they get the eye of a proper suitor or suitors. "Maybe it is your time to find a wife this season, yes?"

Victor would have agreed to such question with a eargerness if he had not already satisfied his cravings of a woman many times before. On his travels, he experienced an array of women of all shapes and colors. Society favored his gender and especially his status quite alot more than a woman, even if she were his status. Women are to be untouched, untainted, and pure to be seen as a worthy wife. As a man is seen as a man regardless of whether he stays untouched or touched every night. Victor is not the first option.

He was quite the ladies man, and despite not voicing his opinions of marriage to his family; he does not see the need of marriage when he can get his needs met freely and with whoever he pleased. Although this society favors man, It does not favor anyone when it comes to marriage and heirs as a person of status. As the next king in line, He needs to gain a wife in order to ensure the next generation of heirs are secured. This is not up for debate and yet victor still dances around the time it comes.