SIX

"Allez!"

"Allez!"

Victor's body ran hot but was slightly cooled with the trails of sweat beading down his chest. He moved back and forth with his fencing sword jabbed at his opponent. That opponent being a old chap of his; Samuel. The Dukes eldest son who was raised alongside Victor as kids. They were similar in age and even similar in personalities. They both fenced as pros; lightly sporting their skills as they both made jabs at each other and dodging said jabs.

They have been playing since sun rise, which they often found themselves doing when they got togethor.

"So, How is the misses?" Samuel joked with a playful smile. Victor huffed and shook his head. The word had gotten out in town of that incident in the throne room; the london people love a good drama and that is what they got. They have yet to announce he is to marry this commoner but that is to be done in a future ball coming more sooner than later. This, the royals hoped would appease the dishonest scadal. It seemed the only one outside of them who knew was Samuel who Victor confinded in often.

"We shall not speak of her." He almost rolled his eyes at the thought of the woman.

"Im afriad you cannot pretend she is not here for long. Soon enough she will be your wife and the holder of your heir. Do you not care for such thing?" He went in for a jab but was blocked, victor countering with a jab of his own that landed directly on his torso. Win.

"I do not care for it with her or anyone, as she does not with me." Victor handed his sword off to the servants on stand by, and reaching down to his waist to pull his loose shirt off his wet torso. He has always neglected to want to marry. He has been of age to do so for years and yet every year he has found himself a way to escape involving himself with one woman his whole life. What made this woman so special that he could not avoid it again this time? The thought of this ordeal put him in quite a sour mood.

It was nearing time for Samuel to leave as he has his own duties; and without a word spoken, the men both began to exit the strip. Samuel knew of Victors ways. He was a scadalous man indeed. His travels consisted of exploring things other than London but also exploring the women from this places as well. Men arent severally punished or looked down upon for having sexual relations before marriage as harshly as a woman is— but it is still looked down upon none of the less. Samuel would be lying if he said he too do not possess a scadalous past.

"I should be on my way now." Samuel tapped a firm hand on Victors broad shoulder in goodbye.

"My lady?" A sweet, feminine voice caught Arabella's attention as she had been in a daze. The feeling of the brush raking through her black curls felt soothing. She had been sitting in the windowseal of her room this morning until she was interupted by the presence of maids. They had been sent to assist her with getting ready for the day— something she is afraid she will never get use to. Someone awaiting her every need and referring her as someone higher than was a moment in her life she neglected to ever imagine. "Does this style satisfy you?"