11 || horrifying images

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

The day appeared to pass quickly yet in an oddly quiet way. I heard several people whispering about a boy but i didn't give it much thought.

I surprisingly did well in all of my classes, and at our first break i spent some time with Melina.

The bell rang, distracting me from my thoughts and signalling the end of my history class. Finally.

I packed my bags and exited the classroom, letting out a sigh of relief. When i arrived in the hallways, i saw a furious looking Melina, punching Elias for smashing a cupcake in her face during class. I can only imagine what he has to go through after, this woman ain't joking when it comes to beating her man.

I sensed someone messing with my backpack, so i turned around and saw Mateo zipping it. "You left it open, stupid ass."

"Excuse me? Say that again." I stood on my tip toes and crossed my arms to seem taller and tougher.

"You're a st-" he got cut off by me once again poking his waist, he slightly jumped up and backed away, giving me a warning look.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

When the bell rang once more, the majority of the students made their way to their next class.

The hallways were empty, quiet and strangely dark. Even though i knew i was going to be late to class, i headed to my locker to grab some books and homework i had left there earlier.

Mateo grinned as he approached me from behind while i was hurrying to take my books out of my locker. "Skipping?" he asked.

"Oh, no." I simply muttered and was ready to make my way to my class, but something stopped me. My face instantly started heating up as i turned to face him.

"Y'know, we never talked about what happened that night." I muttered shyly. I tried to look in his eyes, i really did but his intimidating look immediately made me look to the floor with a little smile on my face.

He gently lifted my chin, "What about it?" his words were soft and gentle, he looked serious and unbothered about all that information he shared with me that day.

"Nothing i just... i really l-" i blurted out and he quickly pulled me into a long, tight hug. He wrapped his strong arms around my body and held on me for so long, as if he was scared i'd leave.

My arms wrapped around his body, and i shoved my head onto his chest, my little smile never leaving my face.

As we pulled away, i was ready to wave goodbye at him, a loud noise, almost like a gunshot took both of our attention. We both turned to look at each other with gaping eyes.

"Was that..?" i muttered but before i could continue, there was another loud 'boom' nearby.

My hands started to tremble a little and i panicked. I stared at Mateo, afraid to move, speak or make any sound. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand tightly and ran away, trying to get me as near to his body as possible while we ran.

He ran as far away as he could from the loud noises, until the only thing standing in our way was a wall.

I was too shocked to process what was going on around. I looked around in fear, scared that someone would suddenly appear in front of us and kill us.