Chapter 13

Abi couldn't believe what she heard, she looked back slowly, behind her "new" roommate and there was Maddy, she looked just as shocked and upset. Abi then looked at Elle. "Guys, I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I didn't know they would just randomly pair," Elle said feeling guilty. "It's fine... it's not your fault, it's nobody's fault." Abi said quietly. "I agree," Maddy added. "You will come up with your partner and you both will get stamped with your room number, that's it for now, we will begin, Good luck nymphs!"  Abi frowned and quickly turned to look at Elle and Maddy to see if she accidentally misheard, but when she turned to look at them they looked unfazed. she probably misheard.

the line began to move and each partner held out their hands to be stamped. finally, it was Abi and her partner, they both held out their hand, "Ouch!" Abi yelped in pain. The woman looked up at Abi, "You okay?" Abi looked into the woman's face, it was like there was nothing in her eyes, like a robot an empty void.  "yeah..thanks.'' Abi said holding her wrist. the girls both grabbed their luggage and walked to find their room. Abi unlocked the door to the hut, and as soon as they got there they were a bit.. disappointed.

The girls were still looking around. "good thing we're barely going to be here." the girl said relieved. "I was thinking the same thing." Abi chuckled. There was a comfortable pause, "Hi, I'm Beth, I'm really sorry for getting in the way of your friends." Beth and Abi shook hands. "No, no, please don't apologize, seriously it's okay," Abi assured her. "Oh okay, that's good to hear." Beth sat down on her bed she was beginning to take out her clothes. "So... what brings you here?" Abi asked. Beth smiled, "I live in a small poor town down south, I go to college in New Jersey, and this summer I just refused to go back home, don't get me wrong I love my family to pieces, but sometimes I hate being there it just reminds me of everything I don't have, oh dear I probably sound so damn ungrateful." "No! you don't." Abi interrupted. "trust me I get it, i live with my aunt and i also refuse to go back to her, i saved myself a lot of headaches."Abi laughed.

Abi looked at the teddy bear on Beth's bed. "I see you have a little something from home." Abi smiled. Beth looked up confused "What?" she then followed Abi's eyes and looked back at her teddy bear. "Oh! this is Alfred, he was given to me  by my mother when I was ten, she died of breast cancer the following year."   "I'm so sorry." Abi said. "it's fine, I'm just glad I have something to remember her by, I bring him everywhere." she took him from the bed and squeezed him. "One day when I have a daughter I'll give her Alfred so he can comfort her, just like he did for me." Beth smiled to herself.  Abi smiled at her "Aww, that's really sweet." Abi sat on her bed across from Beth's bed and the two continued their conversation.

It was the morning after, there Maddy was in the bathroom washing and scrubbing her hand. "what the hell are you doing girl?" Elle asked concerned. "I am trying to get this stupid ass stamp off my hand, ugh! Why is it so damn hard!" Maddy groaned. Elle took Maddy's hand and looked at it. "It's probably a temporary tattoo, those don't fade the day after it takes time," Elle assured her. "Well, whatever it is it needs to go  A-S-A-P, I'm trying to go see Thomas." Elle rolled her eyes. Maddy, please don't get kicked off this island at least for a week." "fine, fine." Maddy crossed her arms.

outside of the huts on the board were signup sheets for daily activities, the girls were all pushing past each other, to the front to sign. Beth and Abi stood there waiting witnessing the chaos when they were joined by Maddy and Elle. "Abi!" Maddy and Elle squealed. Abi turned around! "Omg! Maddy! Elle!" Abi squealed as well.  they all hugged each other. "Beth, Maddy, Maddy, Beth. Beth, Elle, Elle, Beth." Abi introduced the girls. "Hi!" they all said going in for a hug.