CHAPTER I

: YES UNCLE...EVEN DOCTOR SAID SHE NEEDED A CHANGE OF SCENERY RIGHT NOW...

: NO...SHE WILL NOT BE SEDATED...SHE REFUSES TO DO SO, ...THOUGH IT'S A GOOD THING TO FACE HER FEAR,...BUT I'M STILL WORRIED ABOUT THE SITUATION.

: YEAH WE ARE GOING BACK TO OUR OLD HOUSE...YES, THAT BUNGALOW...IT'S A PERFECT PLACE TO GET SOME REST, PLUS SHE USED TO LIKE THAT PLACE A LOT.

: SURE UNCLE. I WILL INFORM YOU ONCE WE REACH THERE...BYE.

Call disconnected.
He put his mobile in his pocket. He turned to the left to see his one and only elder sister with a white bandage on her head, purpled bruised, torn lips, and eyes showing an ineffable expression that worried him a little. He knows it will take a lot of time to heal. And he wished he could turn back the time. But he is at peace that at least his sister is with him.

SIGHS.
: DAN, IT IS TIME TO GO, THE TAXI ARRIVED.
He wrote it down on paper and showed it to her.
SHE NODDED and got up. Darin took all the luggage and passed it to the taxi driver who arranged it in the trunk. While helping the driver, he noticed his sister staring at the car while standing outside. He knows it will be challenging for her after experiencing a death-like accident in which they lost their parents and being the only survivor, she still can't get over the trauma.
: DANELLE. (He callout)
she didn't respond.
suddenly he remembers the thing. She can't respond to his calls as she used to.
a sudden wave of sadness flowed to him.
He walked towards his sister.
: ARE YOU ALL RIGHT WITH TRAVELING? IF YOU WANT, WE CAN CANCEL IT OR SEDATE YOU. He wrote it down on paper and showed it to Danelle.
She looked at her brother and gave him a warm assuring smile. After seeing that Darin opened the car door, they both got in.
Darin told the driver the address. And the driver started the engine.
suddenly Danelle gripped her brother's right arm and Darin immediately placed his left hand on her hands to assure her that he was there for her no matter what.
after some time he heard a wheeze, he knew she was asleep.
He stared out the window of the running car. The outside scenery was full of running vehicles and passing buildings. But he was in deep thought. He was getting a lot of glimpses of memories. He took a glance at his sleeping sister who was clinging to his arms.
He clearly remembers his sister, who was elegant and sanguine. She was his umbrella. She was an Apricity.
But the one who is in front of his eyes is a person who is broken. She doesn't resemble the person who once was his strength.

"Danelle was the one who taught me to climb trees and walls.
one time she even got bit by a dog while saving me.
she took every blame for my mistake and secretly corrected me.
even when I fell sick she cared for me by staying awake all night.
even with all the protection she still taught me about my responsibilities and how to be brave."
Our parents had never been with us, they were busy with their careers.
I don't complain because she didn't even let me know about their absence.
she was one of a kind, she was my UMBRELLA.. now it's my turn to become her UMBRELLA.
he turned to the right to see his sleeping sister.
He kissed her on her forehead.
After some time.
DRIVER: SIR?
: SIR.
DARIN: UMM...he yawns.
DRIVER: WE HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION.
Darin looks outside the window.
he sees a clouded climate. The outside scenery of the car window was very greenery, filled with plants, trees, small flowers, and their childhood house. In one look we can't say it's a 96-year-old bungalow, as the workers have done a good job in the maintenance. It's a one-story white house- but the wooden stairs, grayish roof, charcoaled chimney, stained window frames due to rain with hanging baskets with small alyssum, and the climber plants on the fences give the VERBODEN BUNGALOW its classical grace.
he woke his sister. She blinked her eyes to adjust to the sight.
he opened the door. the slight differences in the climate were very noticeable as the temperature dropped and it's a bit chilly compared to the city where they've been living.
Darin began to help the driver unload the luggage, and Danelle slowly got out of the car looking at the house.
suddenly the workers of the house rushed outside as they heard a vehicle being parked outside. They have been working there since Danelle was a baby. So, both parties know each other very well.
As they saw Danelle getting out of the car, they eagerly ran to her and started talking and asking about her well-being.
But seeing Danelle was not responding or answering any questions, they were becoming confused. Seeing their expression Danelle was becoming anxious and uncomfortable. Darin rushed towards them to tell them the overall situation.
after hearing Darin, the workers' eyes were filled with pity. Which was very uncomfortable for Darin.
After seeing these reactions to the situation Danelle walked inside the house and Darin followed her after giving instructions for taking care of their luggage.
She was walking slowly, looking around as if she was recollecting the moment she spent in that house.
she was going through the photo hall where the walls are raconteur.
As she was very into that moment, that's when Darin tapped her on the shoulder. She turns to look at her brother. Then she made a gesture with her hand as if she was asking for something. Even when she didn't utter a word, he understood her. He placed the notepad and pen in his sister's hand.
she took it and started to write something.
Darin was patiently waiting for his sister to complete her writing.
After completing the writing she showed the notepad to him.

DANELLE: I DON'T WANT THE WORKERS TO BE HERE ALL THE TIME...I DON'T WANT THEIR PITY AND SYMPATHY...IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE TO SEE YOU HELPLESS BECAUSE OF ME.
DARIN: he took the notepad and started writing to give his sister a reply.
I UNDERSTAND. I WILL GIVE THEM A VACATION. FIRING THEM WILL BE DIFFICULT FOR THEM. AND SHOULD WE LEARN SIGN LANGUAGE? I WILL LEARN WITH YOU SO I CAN TALK TO YOU FREELY.
DANELLE: She nodded yes to him.
she turned to look at the pictures again.
Darin kissed her on the back of the head and headed towards the hall where the servants were waiting.
He announced the decision to them in a very polite way.
as per his decision, one person will be in charge of the kitchen and household duties. And one person to manage the outside area of the house like the garden and estate.
after all this, he decided to check on Danelle. While going to find her he came across the same wall where all the photos were hanged. He was carefully going through the photos. he saw his and Danelle's photo. There was no single-family photo. But there were a lot of photos of us. Even in the photos, it's very clear that she always protected me. Even the idea of taking photos was her. Danelle and I have a 6-year age gap. She was a perfect elder sister to me. She was loved by everyone.
He sighed and walked toward Danelle's room.
He found her in the room near the window. Her hair was tied in a messy bun with a silver butterfly-designed Juda pin.
That Juda pin is her favorite thing, it's been so many years, but she still keeps it to herself. I don't know where she got that or the story behind that Juda pin but she treasures it.
He walked toward her and tapped her shoulder. She turns towards him.
He writes: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT?
she smiles at him. And wrote - JUST ENJOYING THE PEACEFUL ATMOSPHERE. IT'S NOSTALGIC.
DARIN: YOU SHOULD EAT. AUNTY IS MAKING SOMETHING. TAKE A HOT BATH AND COME TO THE DINING AREA WE WILL EAT TOGETHER.
DANELLE: She nods.
Darin turns to leave the room. Once again, she looks outside the window and sighs.
The window scenery was not something so special. But it is nostalgic for her.
She turned to take a quick bath.
As everyone says, taking a bath is also the time for exploring various thoughts.
The relaxation you get after the mildly warm water runs on your body also helps lift the fogginess in the brain.

Darin also got into his room to take a bath, he filled the bathtub with water. He needs a long bath.
so many things have already happened. It's been 2 months since the accident happened. Danelle is deaf and mute, he lost his parents, the relatives pity him, and some have bad feelings toward his sister. Everyone considered her a burden to her 22-year-old brother, who should be enjoying his life as the others of his age.
But for him, she is the treasure, that once he almost lost. So, for him, her value can't be calculated.
But he was at ease as he was finally back to the house where he wanted to be for a long time. It was visible on his face as his expression failed to control, showing a bit of happiness, relaxation, and satisfaction.
: WHATEVER HAPPENED, HAPPENED FOR GOOD.
He said in a raspy voice due to stretching his limb.
The flow of life or already written?