CHAPTER VII

CHAPTER VII

: SIR, THE HOUSE WAS BUILT IN THE LATE REGENCY ERA BY LORD LUDWIK FOR HIS BELOVED WIFE LADY RAKKAUS. THE LOVE STORY WAS QUITE FAMOUS AT THAT TIME. IT SAYS THAT THEIR LOVE WAS SO STRONG THAT THEY EVEN SLEPT AT THE SAME HOUR OF NIGHT ON THEIR DEATHBEDS, LATER THE HOUSE BECAME A SYMBOL OF LOVE, WRITTEN IN THE STORIES OF THE CORVIN FAMILY. BUT NOBODY KNOWS WHY OR ON WHAT OCCASION THE HOUSE WAS MADE. THEN DURING THE MID-EDWARDIAN ERA, SOME OFFICIALS IN THEIR FAMILY USED THE HOUSE AS A RELAXATION SPOT AFTER HUNTING. THEN FOR QUITE A LONG TIME, THEY DIDN'T USE THE HOUSE MUCH. BUT THE FAMILY STILL TAKES CARE OF IT THROUGH THEIR WORKERS. IN JANUARY THEY DECIDED TO RENT IT OUT, SIR. -Rein the real estate agent.
TRISTEN: HMM. Hums in response.
REIN: BUT DON'T WORRY SIR. THE HOUSE IS WELL-MAINTAINED AND CLEAN. AND THE KEY...

: YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR DESTINATION. Suddenly the car navigation spoke.

Tristen turns off the car engine.

REIN: I THINK YOU HAVE REACHED THE LOCATION. SO, SIR, THE KEY WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU WITHIN HALF AN HOUR. TILL THEN COULD YOU PLEASE WAIT.
TRISTEN: NO PROBLEM. NOW THAT THE RAIN IS OVER, I WILL JUST LOOK AROUND.
REIN: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING, SIR. I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU RECEIVE THE KEY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
TRISTEN: YEA NO PROBLEM. Cuts the call.

Tristen clenches his hands and stretches his masculine arms to release his build-up muscle tension as the journey was a 4-hour drive from his location, which was quite exhausting. Unintentionally he shuts his eyes tight. The stretch was so intense that a strong mix of yawn and moan escaped his mouth. And then he looks to his right to see the lord Ludwik's legendary token.

It was obvious that the house was constructed in the Regency period as the work form resembles that era. The cottage was simple and massive with steep wood brown roofs, and a massive chimney opening, surrounded by walls made of dove grey stones in the size of bricks and had hammered veneer textured surface. The beauty of the house lies in the asymmetrical way of creation and the flowers that grow around the cottage. Even the greenery around the house works as a beauty enhancer to the very house.

Tristen was about to open the car door, and suddenly a figure from far away caught his attention. His honey-brown eyes once again betrayed him, they couldn't hide his dilated pupils. He narrowed his eyes like a predator that had its eyes on the prey. The rhythm of his heartbeat was the only thing that echoed in the car. He slightly extends his left arm and his fingers trail on the glass window of the car in front.
His lips twitched a bit.
He looks down, lets out a huff of relaxation with a slight smirk, and looks in front again to watch his obsession.
She was there.
His forbidden fruit,
HIS
LILI.

He is envious of every flower near her that gets to stroke her. The way the wind caressed her was just enough to make him blind with jealousy. The mere visuals of her standing there can make him experience a wide range of emotions that he is now well aware of. His fine face was doing its job so beautifully that every single expression was very distinguishable. His eyes, they were not blinking as if they couldn't afford to lose a single track of hers. They were fixed on her. He was capturing all the tiniest details of her. The way her chest went up and down while she drew her breath was making him intoxicated. He was trying so hard to remain calm because the excitement made him lose all his authority over his body.

Suddenly he experiences a numbness in his body as if he is poisoned, he senses a wave of chills and goosebumps all over his body. His consciousness left the chat at the second his eyes met hers. For a good 30 seconds, he forgot how to breathe. Then he realized that she hadn't spotted him. Instead, she was looking at his car. He sighs in relief. A sudden realization hit him, and his eyes widened out of countenance. His car window has black tint film that doesn't allow anyone to see the car's insides. Now he understands the depth of how she affected him as he couldn't even remember the obvious facts.
suddenly he got tensed as he noticed someone near her. Seeing who that was he cared less.

TRISTEN: DARIN CORVIN. He said in an uninterested tone.

Tristen saw that Darin was pointing his finger somewhere. He then noticed that they were having their conversation in sign language. He curiously studies their chats. For her, he learned her language. As he became proficient in sign language like the flowing river, he understood that they were talking about the rainbow.
Tristen's expression changes.
He gives an "is that so" look with his lower lip bent down a little at the bible remarks made of Rainbow by Darin.
But his expression changes from that to a big smirk when he learns about Danelle's approach to Rainbow. He was quite intrigued by her way of perceiving her surroundings. Even though he was not partaking in their conversation directly, he was there and got a golden opportunity to experience some of her ideas and points of view. Seeing her face filled with expressions that he couldn't see while she was in a coma was making his inner beast shiver in ecstasy.

Their conversation was short. Darin turned back and walked forward and Danelle was also about to leave. His eyes trail her every movement even after she turns to leave. Suddenly to his surprise, she stops at her track and looks in his direction where his car is parked. She was staring in his direction as if they were making straight eye contact, even though she couldn't say whether someone was inside the car. Observing her uneasy expression of the situation, he let out a small huff. And then his lips carved into the most devilish grin as if it was incised by the sole tempter himself. He was overjoyed with the certitude that she was experiencing his presence, which greatly impacted her.
Seeing her there, searching for him whom she never met before was making him tremble with illicit desires. He extends his left arm and glides as if he is caressing her. Even that bare engagement with her was plenty for him to unleash his inner craving. The blood rush he was experiencing throughout his body was making him tremor. Now no entity on earth can have any hold on the leash of Tristen's face, flesh, or what he feels.