Chapter 1 -Don't be afraid at all

Early January is the coldest time of the year.

The sycamore tree beside the road has lost all its leaves, and its branches are covered with white snow, which bends the branches.

The asphalt road was covered with white snow, and there were traces of vehicles scratching it.

Lisa walked out of the drugstore and pulled up her loose scarf.

She turned around, crossed the road, and walked into the Shui'an Huacheng community on the side.

This house was a coming-of-age gift from Lisa's father when she was admitted to Bucheng University four years ago. The main reason is that her father is worried that she has been spoiled since childhood and will not be able to stand the accommodation conditions of the university.

However, Lisa was too lazy to travel back and forth between school and community, so she chose to stay in the hotel.

After graduation, Lisa chose not to go home and continued to stay in Bocheng.

Because of this, she finally remembered this house that she had neglected for four years.

Her place of refuge.

After walking into the house, Lisa threw the things at hand on the coffee table and took out the medicine she had just bought from the bag.

She sniffed and swallowed the medicine with warm water.

Then she went back to her room and slept all afternoon.

*

It was already dark when she woke up.

The curtains were wide open, and the lights from thousands of homes became the only source of light.

Lisa felt that her throat was dry and it hurt when she swallowed saliva.

She coughed a few times, got up dizzy, and walked to the living room to drink some water.

Lisa covered her hot face, picked up the phone and took a look.

The house was pitch dark, and the light from the cell phone was a bit dazzling.

Minnie sent a few words on WeChat.

——Lili, I have a tooth decay. It hurts so much.

——It seems to be infected...

Lisa instantly retracted the idea of asking her to accompany her to the hospital.

Calm reply: I will accompany you to the dentist tomorrow.

Minnie: I called and made an appointment at a clinic near your home.

She replied vaguely, "Yes", and in a daze, she opened a few more pills and swallowed them.

Holding the blanket, she curled up on the sofa and fell asleep.

A little homesick, she thought.

*

The next day, Lisa's fever was mostly gone.

Her face was still pale and her limbs were still a little weak.

She put on makeup casually and went out.

Minnie had already gone downstairs to her house and was waiting for her at the gate of the community.

Noticing the fatigue in Lisa's eyes, she was stunned for a moment: "Are you feeling uncomfortable?"

Lisa's voice was hoarse and she said casually: "I slept too late last night."

Minnie didn't believe what she said, so she raised her hand and touched her forehead.