Chapter 10

3rd P

3rd P.O.V.
William's gaze lingered on Daniel. A coy smile spread across William's lips, his eyes crinkling like crescent moons. Daniel felt a flush creep up his cheeks at the sudden display of William's disarming charm.

With Zack leaning heavily on him, William made his way to the clinic, the injured boxer still grumbling under his breath. Once they reached the medical facility, William gently guided Zack to a patient's bed and eased him down onto the crisp, white sheets.

"Do you want me to apply the medication, or will you be the one to do it on your own?" William asked, his melodic voice layered with a hint of faux concern as he held a box of first aid supplies and a cold compress.

Zack's pride was still visibly wounded, and he scoffed in response. "I'll do it myself," he muttered, his defiant gaze meeting William's.

William's lips curled into an understanding smile. "As expected," he replied, placing the medical items on the lamp table beside the bed. "Everything you need is in there. You can either rest here for a while or come back once you're done. I'll be going now."

Zack watched William with a perplexed expression, his brow furrowing as he struggled to discern the other boy's true intentions. "Wait!" he suddenly called out, causing William to pause and turn around to face him.

"Yes?" William responded, his tone laced with curiosity.

Zack tilted his head, his voice tinged with a hint of confusion. "Why are you doing this, anyway?" he asked, the unspoken questions hanging in the air between them.

William's eyes narrowed slightly, a glint of uncanny sparkle in his vibrant cerulean irises. "Why am I doing this?" he echoed, his voice taking on a slightly apathetic and shrewd tone. "Well, I could have just left you there and let everybody judge your defeat all because you wanted to assert your coercion. Am I right?" he asked, his lips curving into a playful, almost mischievous smile.

"After all, you've never been one to back down from a fight, even when the odds were stacked against you," William added, as he took a step closer to Zack. His gaze was calculating, almost as if he was dissecting the other boy's reaction.

"Let me guess, you started the fight because you wanted to show the new guy who's boss. Is it because you're intimidated or you are insecure?" William asked, his tone tinged with a hint of condescension. "Plus, you probably did this to impress the girl you like," he added, a mischievous grin making its way to his lips.

"To make this statement short, I only did this because you look rather unfortunate," William said, his voice dripping with feigned sympathy. "Think of it as trying to save you a face," he added, the mischievous glint in his eyes betraying his true intentions.

Zack glared at him intently, veins bulging on his temple and jaw. "Shut Up! Pitiful my ass! I don't know what the fuck you are talking about!" he spat, his aggression barely contained.