𝐈

𝖮𝖹𝖹𝖸 𝖥𝖱𝖹𝖹𝖭
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▯ ▯ ▯

Chapter One

Let's breakup

Adrienne Carlson tried to hold back tears of overwhelming excitement as the Board announced her Partner of one of the most reputable law firms in the world, Wilson and Co. It was indeed a well-deserved and earnt position for Adrienne. She had been aiming for this position within in the company since the first time she interned as a paralegal. She put blood sweat and tears into her work. She put aside her social life, relationships, and put all her effort into her job.

At the ripe age of 29 Adrienne became the youngest and first female to become a partner of Wilson and Co. No doubt being a partner has a lot of responsibilities but she was an extremely hard worker so she would be able to face anything. Apart from the responsibilities that came with her promotion, she was now like the owners of the firm. There would be a great increase in her salary, double benefits and most importantly, her name would be engraved on the door of her luxurious office.

"Thank you so much Mr. Lee I promise not to disappoint you!" she said to the President of the company. "You worked hard for this position Adrienne, you deserve it. You hardly lose a case in court and no doubt your wins have contributed to the repitation of this firm. I wish you the best in this new phase of your carrer because we all look up to you now." Mr. Lee said.
"You don't have to worry about anything Mr. Lee, I will work harder than I have ever worked before." She promised.

Adrienne was congratulated by other partners and senior associates in the conference room. They made a toast, and had small conversations in between. As soon as Adrienne managed to escape the conference room, she went to her old office, to pack up her belongings because she would be moving into her new office on Monday. She reached for her phone in her bag and phoned her best friend Evelyn.

"Guess what Eve?" Adrienne said in excitement. "You just got laid?" Evelyn teased which made Adrienne roll her eyes.
"What a mood spoiler! Anyway, I got the promotion!" Adrienne had always talked about being promoted.
"OMG! As a partner?" Evelyn asked in utter shock.
"Yes! Adrienne Carlson is now a partner at Wilson and Co."
"Congratulations girl, you worked so hard for this promotion, I'm so happy that you finally managed to achieve it.
"Thank you." Adrienne giggled.
"You should go and celebrate, it's a pity I can't join you. I have some things I need to complete for tomorrow."

"Don't worry, we can hang out tomorrow once you have finished with everything. I'll probably go and hang out with Lucas tonight.
"Please do. And make sure you get laid!" Adrienne chuckled. "You have such a dirty mind Evelyn! Anyway I will see you at my place tomorrow evening."
"Alright! Once again congratulations, I'm so proud of you." Evelyn mentioned before the ended the call.
Adrienne decided to give her boyfriend Lucas a call, to inform him about her new promotion, and that she would be pulling up at his place soon. But he didn't pick up after she rang him twice. She spent the next thirty minutes emptying her drawers in preparation for moving into her new office on Monday. She packed everything in some cardboard boxes. After she had finished, she reached for her handbag and laptop and made her exit out of the company towards her car. Before she started the engine, she made a quick call to a restaurant to order some food and dessert to take home for herself and Lucas to celebrate.