𝐗𝐈

ROSLYN - BON IVER, ST VINCENT
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▯ ▯ ▯

Chapter eleven

Unexpected news

"I was going to stay mad at you forever if you didn't turn up tonight." Dahlia, Adrienne's mother smiled before pulling her daughter into a hug.

"Good evening Mom." Adrienne chuckled.

"I missed you, Princess." Dahlia mumbled before she pulled away from the hug.

"Mom, I'm 29." Adrienne groaned playfully.

"I am fully aware. Even when you're 90 you will still be my little princess." Dahlia smiled.

She analysed Adrienne for a moment. "You look different." Her mom commented.

"Mom I'm still the same. I think what makes me look different is because the last time you saw me I was an associate and now I'm a partner."

"No, it's not that. There's this spark in your eyes, and I think you've lost a little bit of weight. But thank god you're here for the weekend. I will make sure I feed you well."

"Where's dad?" Adrienne asked as she reached for her luggage.

"Your father is with your bother and nieces." Dahlia replied as they made their way into the house.

"Aunt Adrienne!!" Two voices screamed as little arms hugged around Adrienne's legs.

She crouched towards her brother's daughters and showered them with hugs and kisses.

"I missed you guys!"

"I missed you too." Four-year-old Adelaide said.

"I lost my first tooth, Auntie Adri!" Five-year-old Elana announced showing off the gap where her tooth once was.

Adrienne drooled over her nieces for a while before greeting her dad, her brother Johnathan and his wife Sofi. They had a sumptuous dinner after which they gave a toast to Adrienne on becoming a partner at Wilson and Co.

As soon as Adrienne walked out of the adjoined bathroom all dress up and ready for bed, her mom walked into her room with a blanket in her grasp.

"Thanks, mom." She said as she accepted the blanket and placed it on the bed.

"You're welcome. Hollie told me you haven't been feeling too well lately."

Adrienne grumbled and sat on the edge of the bed. "She's my pupil, she is meant to be loyal to me and not run off telling my mom everything that's going on with me. What else did she tell you." She said with a sigh.

Dahlia positioned herself next to her daughter. "She didn't tell me anything else. Just that you're feeling sick and refused to go to the doctors. So do you perhaps mind telling me about it?"