Escaped the Prison

Remember to let me know how my writing is; I really need to know what I should fix before I begin any official works. These fanfics are just practice.

________________________________

The next day, I made my way down the hallway to find Newt struggling against a guard.

I sprint up to my dad and shout, "What the hell?"

"Evangeline, dear, I'm glad you're awake," he greeted.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I question him, even though I already know.

"Giving them their memories back," he said joyfully. "Take Thomas in; I want them done one by one."

One by one? That just gives them more time to plan- what is he doing?

I almost said something about this situation until I saw Brenda in the surgical room. I now know everything's gonna be just fine.

I sigh, turning on my heels and heading back to my room knowing something dramatic is about to happen.

~<•>~

I grabbed the things I needed and gently shoved them in a bag. While I was packing, I heard a lot of commotion going on so I decided to take my hand gun—well, the one that I stole from the weaponry a while back; I have it in case Cranks break into the facility.

Holding the gun to my side as I creep down the hallway, I hear shots being fired. I go towards it and pick up on Thomas' mind. I head straight to him while also making sure no one else is around other than Minho, Newt and Brenda.

I gently open a door and instantly Newt points a Launcher at me. Instinctively, I shout in his mind, Don't shoot! Don't shoot!

He seems taken aback and lowers his guard but his expression changes almost immediately after he thinks he's going crazy.

"No," I blurt out, "you're not going crazy."

"Evan," Thomas gasps and rushes up to me. "We need to find our other friends."

"Okay, hold on." I take a deep breath before reaching out to Teresa's mind and hearing each and every word that's being said.

"Teresa, what about Thomas?" Frypan asks, concerned.

"Thomas isn't here," she replied. "We have to go."

"They're leaving," I whisper. "They're leaving you guys!" Thats when I spot my dad laying in the floor. I slowly walk over to him, feeling anger and sadness towards the man that raised me.

"I'm sorry..." Thomas begins and trails off.

"No, he only used my intelligence," I revealed. "Never told him everything anyways."

"We have to go," Brenda says.

I nod and hurriedly led the way down the hallways. "Brenda, your plan?"

"Oh, yes. Jorge has a Berg waiting for us right now," she tells the boys.

I go to open a locked door with my key card, but then I realize something: what if there's guards on the other side just waiting for us?

"What are you waiting for, open it!" Minho shouts, pointing his Launcher at me.

I look back at them. "What if there are other guards on the other side?"