III: Bewitching The King

As soon as Malik shut the door to his room, he began to fight the urge to go back into the room and fulfill what his body demanded.

Before he turned the doorknob, Hadassah's eyes filled with fear flashed through his mind. His hand dropped.

As expected, when he turned around, he saw Sea, his butler standing behind him, awaiting instructions.

"Go get that blithering idiot," Malik said and stomped to a guest room.

He wasn't talking to anyone until he took a cold shower. He hadn't taken one of those in the past three years.

When Malik walked into his home office, using a small towel to dry his messy curls, he met Isaac sitting in his chair like he owned the place.

Isaac Oswald had been his best friend since they met in their first year of college. After they had finished their degrees in the United States, Isaac had followed Malik home to be his assistant as Malik took his family's company. They were inseparable.

"You better have a good reason for calling me here at the time of night," Isaac said.

Malik rolled his eyes. Isaac probably wasn't even sleeping and was instead screwing off with some girl he met at a party.

"You're an idiot," Malik started.

Issac narrowed his eyes. "I would like to know what exactly my wrong is."

"That woman in my bedroom."

Isaac looked at Malik with a deadpan expression. "Hadassah?"

"Yes, Hadassah."

A shiver of delight ran through Malik's body as he said her name.

"What about her?"

"She makes me want to oblige my carnal desires."

Isaac grinned widely. "You mean she turns you on."

"To say it crassly, yes."

"She's your wife, isn't she?"

Malik dropped his head on the table. "She isn't willing."

Isaac's smile dropped. "To do what exactly"

"Kiss me, touch me, be my wife possibly."

"What do you mean by that?"

Isaac's words irritated Malik. He looked up with a glare. "It means that you had one job and you messed it up. I told you to find me a woman who was willing to marry without meeting me, preferably one who's not a virgin so she won't mind my past as I won't hers. What did you do? You brought me a pure, young woman who cries if I try to kiss her."

After the scandal, Malik was desperately in need of a bride as a means of showing his family and the board of directors that he could settle down. Hence, he told Isaac to find as many girls as possible who were ready to get married without having a wedding or meeting their husbands before the day. Regardless of the amount of money Malik promised to the family of his bride, there were a lot more females than expected.

After the girls' pictures and first names were collected, Isaac was to pick one. As a result, Malik didn't know anything about Hadassah except her first name.

"She's pure?" Isaac asked with an incredulous look.

"Is that really all you got from everything I said?"

"I'm sorry. She was just so pretty so I didn't expect that she'd still have her virtue."

Malik sighed. "Pretty doesn't fully capture her beauty, Isaac. If you're going to give her an adjective, use it right before you give me more reasons to be angry with you."