Chapter 2

"Well I'd say that was a success." Obi-Wan says smiling at me. I nod as we walk through the streets back to our ship after a very successful peace agreement between two people groups at odds on the same planet. It's been causing a bit of havoc to themselves, the economy, and more importantly their exports to the rest of the galaxy. Each people group needs the other to complete the product the planet exports. And since neither one was working together, all trade has been at a stand still. "No, I mean it. I'm very proud of you, I thought those two people groups would be very difficult to mediate between but you handled it very well and efficiently. I am very impressed."

"Thank you Master. It is only because we are so close to Caldara and our languages are almost exactly the same. Although I haven't seen so many pointy ears in a room since my childhood. I'm usually so outnumbered by short round ears around me."

"Is that... something that they would pay attention to?"

"I was doing some research before this trip and apparently they think people with round ears lack the same... brain capacity."

"Well that's not very nice. I'm perfectly capable of-" He laughs and shakes his head.

I giggle. "That's why that barely acknowledged you." I say pointing to my ears. "I'm sorry Master."

"And here I was thinking that you were perfectly commanding a peace agreement by yourself. It turns out they just didn't want to talk to me" He says with a joking smirk.

"Hey now! I did do it by myself Master! You saw! I did great" I say defending myself with a smile.

"I did, I did Vo'ar. The republic owes this victory to you. As I said before, I am proud." Obi-Wan puts his hand to his heart and gives a small bow of his head with a reverent smile.

When I saw him look at me like that sometimes I think there might be a shared feeling between us. Like we're both trying to push thoughts away that go against the Jedi code. But that could literally not be possible. My master was the most rule following, exemplary, poster boy of the Jedi that I've ever seen. It makes me grateful that I have someone who follows the code so purely to oversee and direct my training.

"Thank you Master..." I say with beaming up with him with a big smile, clasping my hand behind my back and walking beside him. I quickly move myself in front of him and say with the same big smile. "One might even say she is on the fast track to becoming a knight?" I say looking up at his tall figure with doe eyes, blinking in a pretty please fashion.

"One might say she still has a lot of training to go since she just made a rookie mistake this week." He says continuing to walk.

My face falls and I keep walking behind him. "You don't have to keep bringing it up." I mumble out.

...

As we fly back to Coruscant, I smile at the window as I see my home planet in the distance leaving the planet we were just on.

"Is that Caldara?" Obi-Wan looks from flying the ship to see my face. I didn't realize he was looking at me.

"Yes. That's Caldara. Nunia in our-" I cut myself off to correct my words. "their own language." I say still looking at the planet not wanting to miss it for a second. Something in me called out to it. Something in me screams 'It's right there home! Ask him if we can go there! Home. Home. Home!' I shake my head. We're on orders to return back to Coruscant. Stop. The Jedi are your home.

"Are you okay?" He asks concerned.

"Me? I'm fine why?"

"You've been shaking you're head a lot today." He says still looking at my face. He noticed that?

"Yeah I'm okay." I say looking down. He gives a look that says he doesn't quite believe it but continues on.

"You joined the order so young, I'm surprised you still remember your native language."

"I actually lost it pretty quickly when they taught me Basic as a youngling. I relearned it when I was twelve as a way to remember my home world and I have kept on top of it since then." He gives me a bit of a look as I say this. "Don't look at me like that. Even if it's frowned upon there's nothing wrong with wanting to know where you came from or... what makes you who you are or what you look like. I'm technically not breaking any rules." I say quietly defending myself.

"No... you're not." He says carefully "I barely remember Stewjon... by the time I was thirteen... I forgot what my family looked like..."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm grateful for the Jedi. I wouldn't trade my life with the Jedi for anything." He says with a smile.

I look out the window. "Me either." I pause for a long while "It's so... green... its beautiful... is it weird to say I miss it even if i don't remember?"

"No, not at all. I get it." He turns to look at me as he says this and he sees tears streaming down my face. He quickly kneels in front of my chair and turns the chair to face him. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me today, just watching us fly away from it." I choke a sob and my master wraps me in his arms. "I don't know how I can miss something so much that I don't even remember."

"How can I fix it?" He says with a panicked face holding me close. I just shake my head. I gather myself. What are you doing? You're a Jedi. I pull away from the hug and sniff. Obi-Wan bores into my soul with a concerned face and wipes the tears from my own gently from my face as if I were made of glass.

We stare into each other's eyes for a long while. Without thinking, on instinct, I run a hand through Obi-Wan's hair. What the hell am I doing?! I quickly jerk my hand back and look down. "I- I'm sorry! I-" I look back up at him. Was he this close before? His hand still on my face gently moves to cup it. "Obi-" He cut me off by closing the distance between us in a kiss. My eyes wide in shock, I stare at him but I don't pull away. I'm too stunned at his action to do anything.  My thoughts are running at a million miles an hour. What is he doing?! WRONG. WRONG. SO WROng. We can't-. We shouldn't-. But... It feels... Nice. Soft. Warm. Home. More. I finally surrender to the kiss closing my eyes and melting into it. I get down on my knees to meet him on his and bring us closer, returning the kiss. It takes us both a moment to find our placement on each other's lips and then it just clicks and I slump more. He brings his other hand behind my head to hold me closer and I cup the bottom of his face with both my hands. We find a rhythm as we move in sync. The only thoughts in my head are finally. Nice. Yes. Good. Right. Home.

We separate and our foreheads are pressed together as we catch our breaths. Oh no.

~~~

AUTHOR NOTE: Hello there friends! I hope you are enjoying the story so far! I would really appreciate it if you could please give me feedback on the story. (GOOD OR BAD! I am always open to constructive criticism to help improve my story as well as help you enjoy it more.) I really would love to hear what you are thinking of the story so far! I have much planned for these two. I look forward to you joining me! Thank you for reading!

~honeylavendercoffee