Chapter 17 : Professor's Flashback Part I

Year : 2013

Karl Wagner was once a decorated army officer, known for his strategic brilliance and unwavering dedication. But life had a cruel way of shattering dreams. An accident claimed the lives of his beloved wife and children, leaving him adrift in a sea of sorrow. The grief was unbearable, and Karl found himself unable to continue his military service. He retired, a broken man, seeking solace in the quiet routines of civilian life.

Desperate for a change, Karl took a job as a school bus driver at Francis Convent. The job was simple, but it was exactly what he needed. The schoolchildren, with their innocent laughter and boundless energy, slowly began to heal the wounds in his heart. He drove them to and from school each day, finding a strange comfort in their routine.

His intelligence and background didn't go unnoticed. In his free time, Karl started giving math lectures to the students. What began as casual help with homework soon turned into regular sessions, where students eagerly gathered around him. They began to call him "Professor," a nickname that started as a joke but soon became a term of endearment. Karl cherished this new role; it gave his life meaning again.

Year 2015

Two years passed, and Karl had become a beloved figure at Francis Convent. He was not just a bus driver or a substitute math teacher but a friend and mentor to the students. He adored them, and in turn, they looked up to him with respect and affection. For the first time since his family's death, Karl felt a semblance of happiness and purpose.

 For the first time since his family's death, Karl felt a semblance of happiness and purpose

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

Unbeknownst to Karl and the students, a storm was brewing in the underworld of Edenvale. The Ashes gang, a notorious criminal organization, was the target of an undercover operation. The hero known as Magma had infiltrated their ranks, gathering vital intelligence. He was an S-Class hero working for the GHA. However, undercover work was fraught with danger. One fateful day, Magma's cover was blown.

A routine meeting at the gang's hideout took a deadly turn when one of the higher-ups grew suspicious. They discovered inconsistencies in Magma's background, and the air grew tense as accusations flew.

"You're a rat, aren't you?" snarled Dominic, one of the Ashes' top enforcers.

Magma's eyes flickered with resolve as the room erupted into chaos. He barely had time to react before the gang members lunged at him. Using his powers, Magma unleashed a torrent of molten lava, creating a barrier between himself and his attackers. The hideout transformed into a battlefield, with the gang members attempting to subdue him with sheer numbers and firepower.

Despite his best efforts, Magma was overwhelmed. The fight was brutal, and Magma fought valiantly, but the odds were stacked against him. As he lay bleeding and battered, he realized that the intel he had gathered was too important to die with him.