Chapter 20 : Battle Under the Blackrock Prison

Just then, Falcon, Kenji, and Leonard reached the location. They had called for backup, but there wasn't enough time to wait for it. By the time the trio arrived, all the military security was gone.

Kenji's eyes widened as he took in the scene. "This place... it's a federal prison. This is the infamous Blackrock prison," he muttered.

"How could they have taken over a federal prison?" Leonard wondered aloud.

They proceeded cautiously inside, only to find the prison eerily deserted. There were no military guards, no prisoners, nothing. The absence of expected personnel heightened their tension. As they moved further, they spotted some Ashes gang members guarding a door. In a flash, Falcon incapacitated them.

Leonard turned to Kenji. "You should stay up here and wait for backup. Without superpowers, you won't stand a chance against these guys."

Falcon chuckled, slapping Kenji on the back. "Don't worry about him, Leonard. He may not look like it but he can take down any A-class hero without breaking a sweat."

Leonard blinked in confusion but chose to follow Falcon and Kenji downstairs.

There they saw a few guards standing in front of a huge door. Falcon easily took them down. After opening the door they saw an empty room which had 100s of steps to go downstairs.

They descended into a cavernous underground chamber through those steps and were met with a shocking sight: the professor aka Karl Wagner, was bound with multiple gold chains, struggling to break free. Surrounding him were hundreds of Ashes members, and at their forefront stood the boss.

The boss's masked face turned towards them, and an expression of shock flickered in his eyes. "Falcon...," he spat, his voice laced with disbelief. "How did you find this place?"

Falcon stepped forward, his presence imposing. "Doesn't matter how we found it. What matters is that this ends now. Surrender, and no one else needs to get hurt."

The boss's shock morphed into a sneer. "You think you can just walk in here and demand our surrender? You heroes are all the same. Arrogant and foolish. This is my domain, my kingdom. And I will decide what happens here.. "

Falcon's eyes narrowed. "We're giving you a chance to end this peacefully. Don't throw it away."

The boss laughed, a chilling sound that echoed through the chamber. "Peacefully? There is no peace for those who oppose the Ashes. You and your friends are outnumbered and outmatched."

Kenji stepped forward, his voice calm but resolute. "We don't need numbers. We have justice on our side."

The boss's sneer grew more pronounced. "Justice? Your so-called justice is a joke. This Professor tried to do some justice as well. But look where that got him."

He laughed like a monster saying, "You will share the same fate as him. You have no chance of escaping now nonetheless defeating Ashes. But I'll enjoy watching you try."

Falcon's fists clenched, his muscles tensing. "This is your last warning. Surrender now, or face the consequences."

The boss's eyes gleamed with malice. "I'm really mad that a GHA hero found our hideout. But it doesn't matter anyways. Because this is where you fools die."

He turned to his men and barked, "Kill them. Kill them all!"

The Ashes men readily attacked Falcon, Leonard, and Kenji. Falcon, being an S-class hero, started fighting head-on, his powerful strikes and swift movements neutralizing many of the gang members. Leonard, realizing there was no other option but to fight, joined the fray with determination.