Chapter 11- Forever

I had been just over a year since me and Michael started dating, we had gotten an apartment together in London as the house was quite crowded with the other three boys and their girlfriends, it was't long before they all did the same though. We had apartments on the same floor of the same building so we all saw each other regularly still, we also had dinner together at least once a week which was nice.

The boys were on another smaller european tour, they were doing another five countries in five days. We had already been to Madrid, Rome, Paris and Berlin and tonight they were playing in London. Coincidentally they were playing at the SSE Arena in Wembley and it just so happened to be the 12th of July, which was the day I first met Michael a year ago.

This was a strange tour for me though as the boys didn't really have an opening act per say, I mean they did but it was, well it was me. I'm pretty sure I must have been a bit tipsy when they asked me but I had apparently agreed to it. The boys had very kindly donated me some of there old songs that they never released and Michael had been helping me learn how to play them all on guitar. It was strange and very nerve wracking experience the first night as unlike last time I sung on the boys tour I had them on stage with me but this time I was alone.

"Hello guys, I bet your all really excited to see the boys?" I would ask the crowed waiting for there cheers. "I know your probably wondering why Michael's girlfriend is the opening act and if I'm being honest so am I. I have no idea how I was roped into this." I would tell them making them laugh. "Anyway enough of that, for those of you who don't know my name is Ellie and I'm going to be singing you some of the boys unreleased songs tonight." I would tell them which would make them happy as I know a lot of the fans really love hearing some of the boys unreleased songs.

I would sit there and play to the crowed for about an hour before thanking them and heading off backstage to meet the boys. Every night as soon as I got off stage Michael would give me the biggest hug and kiss me before telling me I was amazing. It made me smile and it sort of helped ease my nerves for the next night. Normally I would go and have a shower and get changed out of my sweaty clothes, the lights on stage didn't half make you sweat. I'd normally get back during the boys third song and I'd just sit to the side of the stage and watch them. It was nice sort of like the good old days as the girls didn't come with us due to various family reasons among other things.

This little routine was the same for the show in London except instead of staying in a hotel we had stayed at home in our apartment, it was nice to sleep in our own bed. We all decided to get the train to the venue instead of taking a car as we were feeling adventurous. It was quite amusing as no one really knew the Wembley side of London so we ended up having to walk from the station to the venue. We got there, rehearsed, had dinner and got ready to go on stage like every night that week.

I got up on stage and did my little speech but seeing as this was where it started for me I added a little bit. "This is where it all happened for me, exactly a year ago today I was exactly where you are, in the audience waiting to watch the boys perform. So much has changed for me since then, so don't give up, there is better things ahead, you never know what the future may hold, preserver and give it a chance." I told them before starting to play my first song. They were loving it, singing along with the songs they had heard before It made me smile, it was comforting to hear them sing, it really helped calm my nervous.

When I came off stage Michael gave me a massive hug again, and I wished him and the boys good luck before I went off to have a shower as usual. You could hear the crowed singing and screaming as you walked down the corridor, it made me laugh I don't know why but it just made me happy.

The boys would usually play a few songs from the new album then one or two from the old one before going back to the new album. They would change the song they did from the old album each night, it was nice to see what song they would choose. I was sitting backstage waiting to see what one they would pick, I had a feeling it would be English Love Affair as we were after all in England, but it turns out I was wrong. They ended up playing What I Like About You, Michael was the most adorable person ever, he dedicated the song to me, which just made me grin even more.