viii

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

viii; The Truth

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

    "Is that Clieo?!"

    "Don't shoot her! Cover her!"

    I heard some warriors say, as my eyes were squinted, I was in between consciousness and not, but then, as I was going to slide off, I felt someone grab me off the ledge of the building.

    I saw silver hair, the scar on her cheek. She was familiar as ever. It was Mikasa, flying to save me, before we landed somewhere safer. From the view that I could see Reiner fighting Eren.

    "Captain Y/N."

    I opened my eyes to the look on her face, she looked worried; no.. More like shocked.

    "How can you fight like that, when your memories are altered?"

    "What do you mean, Mikasa?"

    "You fight quite the same as you used to,"

    I got up, and looked behind me, looking at the battle.

    "But if Captain Levi saw you in this condition, who knows what he'd do to us, so-"

    She was talking about my reckless movement awhile back, hitting myself on a wall, with an injured body.

    "Levi..? What do you mean?"

    "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken. Please, let us do this. You're injured."

    I got up, with a weak body that was drained to the bitter end, and grabbed her shoulders.

    "Look Mikasa, I'm stuck trying to find out the truth of my life here. I only know a fragment of my memories. I used to live here.. I was a scout.. That's it."

    "Captain Levi and Hange told us to not tell you about your personal life."

    This was my breaking point. They've refused to tell me the truth, and only told me that I wasn't ready yet.

    "Then tell them that what they wished to happen has already fucking happened!"

    "I'm sorry-"

    I started to tear up once again.

"Porco Galliard is now dead. Now am I considered ready to know about it?"

    I sighed, looking at Mikasa's widened eyes. I had no idea whether this was the first time I have broken down to one of them.

    "What? Is it good to hear that someone lost their life in able for me to regain my memories?"

    She started to tear up too.

    "I'm sorry, Captain Y/N, for not telling you."

    She sighed.

    "But we're in the wrong position to have a conversation about it."

    She flew off without telling me a word. I looked up and it seemed what she saw shocked her so much she had to go closer. Eren's hardening ability has been activated. Then as a large shadow was coming from behind me, a titan there was, I slashed it's fingers and I followed, finding Eren run for his life just to touch Zeke. Then I see Gabi, holding the Anti-Titan sniper I helped invent. That was in Colt's hands.. How did she..

    "Gabi!"

    I yelled before she shot the first bullet, it landing on Eren's neck and separating it. As time felt snapped, I had suddenly remembered everything. The reasons why I had to go through so many things in Marley, and the things Pieck told me before I even knew who she was, but it had vanished, within a second.