Chapter Twenty Eight

Charlotte's POV

Even though my spending the night at Justin's helped me a lot to calm down, I was still anxious about people's perception of me now.

Even after Scooter released that video, there are people who don't believe it!

I was venting to Ariana this morning and she thought taking me shopping might make me feel better.

"So, you stayed with Justin last night?" she asked, I had mentioned it to her over text and I told her how helpful he was.

"Yeah."

"At you guys' place?" she asked

I nodded, mentally preparing myself for the million questions I know she's gonna ask about it.

"That's something." she said.

"It felt really nice tho. At the beginning I was a little weirded out, I even asked him if he ever brought Hailey there."

"Oh.." she scrunched up her lip, making a face. "And what'd he say?"

"That he didn't. I'm choosing to believe him." I replied, walking over to the nearest trash can to throw out the now empty cup in which was my iced coffee before I drank it.

"Well... I don't think he would." "Maejor said to me that he kept all the stuff related to you there, you know... in hopes you two got back together."

My heart began to beat faster. He was waiting for me...?

"I think it's cute. He thought that you'd come back after you graduated, he told maejor... while high tho."

I laughed and shook my head. "I think it is cute, I just feel sad about the fact that he got married. And for telling me those songs are about me and then telling the world they're about her..."

"Have you ever told him how you feel?" Ariana asked, her brow furrowing with concern.

"No..." I sighed. "Cuz I know that he wasn't going to wait around forever, he was allowed to move on... I'm just butthurt about it."

"Well, he wanted to marry you, initially. She was just the back up, that should make you feel better." Ariana said sassily.

I shook my head but let out a small laugh anyways, "That's mean."

"It's the truth." she shook her shoulders. Ariana was very overprotective over her friends, and in my case she couldn't stand Hailey due to our history.

"By the way, Cam is leaving for this investigation opportunity he has in Washington, so we wanted to throw him a goodbye party. Can we use your place?" she asked.

"Sure, when's it gonna be?"

"It's gonna be super lowkey, just us basically, so tonight?" she asked.

"Yeah... I don't have anything going on, so it's fine by me." "It's fine if Justin comes along, right?"

"Yeah, totally."

We kept on shopping, getting ourselves outfits for tonight, then moving in to walmart to buy a few peeps and snacks for the party, along with some drinks.

Now I was home, finishing the last touches to make my apartment presentable for the function.