Chapter Twenty Six

Charlotte's POV

"I, uh... I actually was nervous before coming here." Justin said, making Tom laugh. We had rented out one of my favorite restaurants here for us after the show, and now we were heading into our plates.

Now that everyone was very much aware of Justin and I giving it another chance, they were teasing us all nigh. And, since Tom wasn't around to witness our relationship, they were making sure he caught up with every single detail of it over this dinner.

"Why?" my mom asked him with a smile.

Justin shrugged his shoulders and said, "I-I know my history with Charlotte is messy-"

"He still stuttering." David teased, earning a few subtle laughs from our friends. I rolled my eyes and rubbed Justin's thigh.

"Why did you two broke up last time?" Tom asked. I pressed my lips together and looked away, suddenly beginning to feel awkward, knowing that it was my fault.

Justin interlocked our fingers under the dining table and said "Charlotte had to focus on her studies."

"You broke things off?" he asked me and I nodded.

"He was too distracting." Cameron said, shrugging his shoulders as he pointed at Justin. "I mean can you blame her." David jumped in and pointed at Justin, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, Justin you are always welcome in my home." My mom spoke.

"Thank you." Justin said while squeezing my hand. "I really do appreciate it."

"Of course. I had all you kids in my house for a very long time and it's inevitable to gain some sort of love for them." she said as she turned to Tom.

"He used to be in every Christmas party, Thanksgiving dinners, New Years...  Every single family holiday."

Justin laughed and said "I love the way you guys celebrate." meanwhike Maejor nodded. "Besides the obnoxious amount of booze, that's the best part." he added, making Tom and my mother laugh.

"Okay so, lemme see if i understood. You two met after one of his concerts." Tom pointed at us and we nodded.

"Well, that's where i first saw her." Justin said, meanwhile i leaned back in my seat and watched him tell the story.

"You saw her in the crowd? How- Is it visible from up there?" Tom asked.

"Yeah, I mean, you see a lot of faces, but I remember it was the part of the show where I would normally take a few seconds for that specifically, just take in the moment with the fans, and there was like..." He turned to me as he revisited the memory, "Like an earring or a necklace you had on, just shining as the light hit you, which made me look at her for longer, and then the next day I see her at the pool in the hotel im staying at." He smiled and looked at me once again, making me smile like an idiot as well.

I hadn't heard him tell the story of how we met before, and seeing how he remembered such details was making me blush.

"Awee." my mom reacted.

"And who made the first move?"

"I did."
I nodded while Justin replied.

"Which is funny, considering Charlotte was a psycho fan of his, you'd think she'd approach him first." David joked while taking a bite of his food.

Tom laughed and shook his head.

"Well, she was really chill when we first talked, she didn't act crazy in any way." Justin defended me as he laid his hand on my thigh.