ੈ♡˳ one

"There will be a new student joining us today, transferring from Korea." the teacher announced, leaving the class surprised with some whispers going around.

  When the class was about to get even noisier, the class door creaked open as a short and petite girl stood behind it, walking into the classroom with light steps.

  "Hello, you must be Jeon Soyeon?" the teacher asked, while Soyeon nodded her head.

  Yuqi stared intently at the girl. Wait, Jeon Soyeon? The same one that she knew from when she was a child in Korea? No.. really? Yuqi looked closer a second time to confirm.

  "You can sit beside Yuqi, the blonde one at the back." the teacher instructed. As soon as Soyeon saw Yuqi, she was just as surprised as her.

  When Yuqi was young, she lived in Korea and only moved to her home country when she was 13. In Korea, she met Soyeon in elementary school. They were best friends, until their parents had some dispute and they ended up arguing and growing distant from each other too.

  Soyeon placed her bag on the floor gently as she pulled out the seat for her to sit in, glancing at Yuqi several times. This was extremely awkward for both of them, so they just ignored eachother for the whole lesson.

After the lesson ended, the teacher called them over. "Yuqi and Soyeon, come here."

"Yuqi, you will be Soyeon's new buddy, since you can speak Korean. Please show her around the school, and teach her some Chinese." the teacher instructed.

Yuqi glared as Soyeon as they both walked out of the class together.

"Are you going to show me around the school?" Soyeon asked in an impatient way.

"Yeah? Are you so petty that you're not even over what happened like a billion years ago?" Yuqi asked, rolling her eyes.

"And you're not? You backstabbed me. I know we were just kids, but you caused me to have trust issues to be honest." Soyeon scoffed.

"That was nothing. Your stupid father caused my parents to divorce." Yuqi stated, crossing her arms. Admist the arguments in the hallway, the popular girls were watching them.

"Damn, Yuqi knows the new girl?" Miyeon, the captain of the cheerleading team whispered into her 2 best friend's ears.

"I mean, she used to live in Korea." Soojin said, nodding her head.

"And they clearly hate each other." Shuhua said, shaking her head. "I'll have to recommend them to see our student counsellor to fix their issues."

  "Did Mrs Ling really think pairing them up would be a good idea?" Miyeon asked.

  Just then, Yuqi caught them staring. "Yah, Miyeon and your gang, you can gossip somewhere else! Stop eavesdropping!" Yuqi yelled, while Soyeon silently hid behind her.

  "Already bullying the new student?" Miyeon asked, walking forward to face Yuqi, almost like staring into her soul.

  "So? Why do you care? It's not like you don't bully unpopular people on a daily basis." Yuqi huffed, while Miyeon rolled her eyes.

  "Let's go girls." Miyeon said as Soojin and Shuhua followed behind her.

  "Those are the mean girls. Stay away from them." Yuqi said.

  "Why do you care?" Soyeon muttered under her breath.

  "I don't. Anyway, i'll show you around the school now. And you better shut up." Yuqi said in her deep voice, which kind of scared Soyeon a little.

  Yuqi then continued showing Soyeon around the school, with the littlest information. Once they were done, it was already time to go for their next lesson.

  "By the way, are you going to teach me Chinese? I mean, you kind of have to." Soyeon stated before they both left for their respective classes.

  "Are you going to pay me?" Yuqi asked.

  "What?"

  "$100 per lesson. Two times a week. Deal?"  Yuqi smirked, knowing that Soyeon had always grown up poor.

  "$90..?" Soyeon bargained.

  "$95. Final price. If not, let's see if you can find any Chinese teacher out there that offers less," Yuqi made her decision.

  "F-fine." Soyeon agreed to it, even though she knew that she had to take up not just 2 jobs, but 3 jobs at the same time. 2 was already heavy for her now, how is she going to take up 3?

  "Oh and by the way, there are like clubs and teams you can choose to join." Yuqi said.

  "What are you in?"

  "Basketball for girls. I'm the captain." Yuqi grinned, being boastful about it.

  "Is there a literature club?" Soyeon asked.

  "Yeah, go sign up after school. I don't give a shit." Yuqi said as she walked away to her class.

  "Wait, Yuqi! Which class do I go next?"