ੈ♡˳ four

Of course, Yuqi won the competition. But no one knew the real truth of why she won -- toppling down Soyeon's project.

It was lunch break. Usually, Yuqi wouldn't hang out with anyone, but she was somehow called over by the popular girls to have lunch together, after her win.

"Yuqi.. since when did you become a nerd?" Miyeon asked, actually surprised.

"No.. it was just to win over Soyeon." Yuqi admitted sheepishly.

"To impress her? It sounds like you like her a lot.." Shuhua teased. (a/n: yes shuhua is their first ever supporter lets go shushu)

"Ew, Shuhua." Soojin furrowed her eyebrows at Shuhua while Shuhua just chuckled away. She's probably the most unserious popular girl.

"No. She'll have to come watch my basketball matches now!" Yuqi grinned, "and she'll have to root for me. Imagine how fun it is for your enemy to finally root for you,"

"So, you guys betted?"

"Yea."

"What if she won?"

"If she won, I would have to teach her Chinese for free." Yuqi said.

"I heard she's working 3 jobs at the same time just to pay for these." Miyeon said.

Hearing her words, Yuqi suddenly got the shock of realisation. That's why Soyeon cried that day, and thats why she wants to win so badly. In fact, she also comes to school with eye bags everyday. And now, Yuqi felt kind of bad.

  "Guys, I have to go. Sorry." Yuqi said as she jumped out of her seat and ran to the school's library, where Soyeon would usually be studying at. Even during lunch break.

  "Soyeon?" She opened the library door and spotted Soyeon at the corner, reading some physics book.

  Soyeon saw Yuqi walking towards her and put down her book with a frown on her face. "What do you want this time?"

  Yuqi wanted to apologise for charging her so much for the Chinese tuition lessons, but the words couldn't come out of her mouth. Who would apologise to their enemy, anyway? No one would apologise to their enemy. That just makes them look pathetic.

  "Uh.." Yuqi stammered. "You don't have to pay for the lessons anymore. They're free."

  Soyeon's mouth opened wide. "Really?! Thank-" she didn't finish her sentence. Instead, Soyeon took her book back in her hands and said, "They're supposed to be free anyway."

  Yuqi just rolled her eyes and wanted to leave, before remembering something she wanted to ask Soyeon. She took out the ticket from her pocket. Seems about right.

  "Remember the bet? Now, you have to watch my basketball competition." Yuqi smirked before handing Soyeon the ticket.

  "Im going to cheer when the opposing team wins." Soyeon scoffed, putting the ticket in her pocket.

  "Wait, you're actually going to go?"

  "Yes. I'd love to take funny pictures of you and post them online." Soyeon giggled as she continued reading her book.

  "You're so annoying. I can't bear being with you for any longer, I can't catch your nerd diseases." Yuqi said as she fake vomited and walked out of the library.

  "Such a dramatic person," Soyeon muttered under her breath.