Chapter 1

(y/n's perspective)

Glimmer: y/n! *You turn to her. Glimmer is a pretty popular person in your academy. She has the nicest green eyes and her silky, long blonde hair practically make everyone fall for her. It would always surprise people when you say that you're her sister...well adopted sister. You two also get along incredibly well since you're both the same age.* Are you ready?

y/n: Just putting on my boots *The Reaping is today. You heave a sigh as you walk out the door with Glimmer*

Glimmer: You scared?

y/n: Just a little

Glimmer: Don't worry, whatever happen, I'm volunteering anyway

y/n: Don't *You say firmly*

Glimmer: Why not? Don't you want to be like Cashmere? Look at her, she's an icon. I want to be just like her, pretty and rich

y/n: I don't want to lose you *You really don't understand why Glimmer is so excited about joining the Games, you and her have this strong bond and it would break you if anything happen to her. District 1 may be known as an automatic Careers but District 2 normally come out as Victors* If you're volunteering, I will, before you can

Glimmer: Don't be ridiculous

y/n: I'm not, I am better at combat than you *She laughs*

Glimmer: I can charm people though

y/n: I can run faster than you can

Glimmer: I'm more capable at making allies

y/n: Just don't volunteer *You tell her seriously*

Glimmer: Not promising anything

*You both reach the town's square where everyone is gathered. There is a short queue before it's your turn to get your blood taken, a way of registering. After that procedure, you and Glimmer walk together to the 17 section and stand beside each other, you're anxious but she's rather excited*

Rosalind: *A woman, completely dust in light purple glitter, step onto stage. She's wearing the most vivid lime dress with a short dark blue wig.* Welcome to the 74th Annual Hunger Games. I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to the Reaping *She flash a smile at the audience and you grimace. You turn to see Glimmer bouncing on the spot* Now, let's get straight to it shall we? *She walk over to a glass bowl* Boys first this year *She says eagerly before putting her hand into the bowl. She finally fish out a name after about a minute* Ahem *Rosalind open the piece of paper before reading out the name* Caleb Webber *The boy didn't even have time to move before you hear-*

Voice: I volunteer as tribute! *Everyone turn to see a tall brunette boy making his way to the stage. You're pretty sure he's in your class.*

Rosalind: Hello dear *She greet him as he reach the stage* Can you tell everyone your name please?

Marvel: Marvel Sanford *He state confidently, his eyes on you, and you look back at him, not in a very pleasant way*

Rosalind: Please give our male tribute a round of applause! *There's a loud cheer before Rosalind order for silence* Now for our female tribute *She walk over to the other glass bowl of names* Let's see *She dig her hand into the bowl and fish out a name* Willow Perry

y/n: *You turn to Glimmer nervously and realise she's about to volunteer so you grab her hand and yell-* I volunteer!

Rosalind: *She's clearly taken back when you yell so loudly* W-well come up here then *You walk up to the stage awkwardly* Your name dear?

y/n: y/n Belcourt

Rosalind: A round of applause for Miss Belcourt everyone *You watch as your district clap and cheer for you* Please head inside now *A peacekeeper approach you and one approach Marvel before taking you both into separate rooms*