Chapter 3

(Marvel's perspective)

*Marvel is supposed to be improving his aim but he find himself observing y/n. It's been about a day or two since the argument he had with Cato over y/n. He noticed that y/n isn't speaking with Cato anymore or anyone to be honest, not even him. She just eat, train and sleep. She won't even have that girly hour with Cashmere anymore. They used to do that before bed (It's when they'll gossip about the most randomest people). He wants to talk to y/n but he's a little wary she might snap at him or something, cause thinking about it, he did put her in a rather difficult situation last time.*

(Cato's perspective)

*Cato watch y/n throw five daggers at a dummy, she clearly have something on her mind. He haven't been talking to her lately cause she just doesn't seem to be in the mood to talk. He's waiting for her to approach him but it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon*

Clove: What's up with y/n? *Even Clove have been avoiding y/n*

Cato: I don't know

Clove: Should I talk to her?

Cato: I don't think she would like that very much

Clove: Alright, whatever *Clove returns to her little training corner*

*What the hell is wrong with y/n?! Cato watch as y/n abandon trying to throw daggers and move onto punching the dummy instead. That might not be the smartest thing since the dummy's material are pretty strong. Y/n's attention span is short nowadays since she's soon stop attacking the dummy and walk away. Is she leaving the training centre?! She should be using all the time given to her to train, it's like she want to die.*

~~~

*It's dark outside, Cato is sitting on his bed, unable to sleep. As much as he hate to admit it, he's concern about y/n a lot. Maybe a glass of water will help? He open the door and sneak quietly over to the kitchen, grabbing a whole bottle of cold water. He decide to go to the roof, the wind might help with clearing all these thoughts. Then he'll finally be able to sleep. Soon, he's on the roof, staring out at the Capitol. The elevator open again and he turn around to see y/n. She looks at him and he realise she's been crying*

Cato: y/n.. *She turn away and call the elevator, pressing the button again and again* Wait!

y/n: Leave me alone *He can barely make out what she said but he approaches her anyway*

Cato: Who done this to you? *He grab her hand tightly, preventing her from escaping the roof*

y/n: Let go

Cato: Who hurt you? *She doesn't reply. What am I supposed to do?! Cato have never been good at comforting people* y/n, tell me. Was it because of me?

y/n: No

Cato: *He let out a sign of relief* Come *He take her to the bench where they had dinner last time* Tell me y/n, please *She mumble something but he couldn't quite catch it* What?

y/n: M-My mum died yesterday *He feel himself stiffen. No no no, not this! He's really bad at helping someone feel better about the dead*

Cato: How did she die?

y/n: *She give him a look that literally scream 'Are you f_cking kidding me'*

Cato: Sorry, I'm not very good at this

y/n: I know *And she start crying again, not like a loud cry, it's silent but tears keep constantly streaming down her face, her eyes are like waterfalls*

Cato: Sorry *Should I hug her? Like would that be weird? He doesn't have to consider it anyway because y/n just sort of smack her face against his chest. Is this normal?!*