ONE (HAZEL)

Betrayal

Betrayal. 

They'll think I betrayed them. 

Solitude.

I'm alone in this. 

Regret.

I miss them. 

I open my eyes, scanning the room to take in my surroundings. It's concrete with no divide between wall and floor. In fact, it's a concrete box that I am trapped in. The only way out is a small door in the centre of one of the walls. 

I shift a little, my muscles beginning to ache from being on the floor for so long. 

Wait, how long have I been in here for?

I remember getting into the car with Alexei after he threatened Andros' sister.

He chloroformed me.

My own father drugged me.

For what?

A small light flickers on in the middle of the room, diverting my attention to its subtle glow. I try to subdue my shaking body but it's useless as my trembling causes the room to fill with the sound of the metal from my handcuffs. 

The sound of the metal door clicks, slowly opening with an ache from its hinges. 

"You're awake," A familiar Russian accent fills the room. I pull my legs to my chest instinctively, feeling the need to protect myself.

"Dominik," I whisper as the realisation hits me. He steps into the light, his once bright, endearing, blue eyes now cold and devious. His dark hair is slightly shorter than when I last saw him and his face more hardened.

"It's been a while, Hazel," he smirks down at me, standing tall in his messy navy suit. He steps closer to me, his loafers clicking on the hard floor as I shuffle back. 

"Where are they?" I ask, channelling any stray confidence I have left in my body. 

He crouches down in front of me as a wave of nausea hits me from his non-stop staring. 

Okay, since when was he so creepy. 

"You left them, remember?" he smirks, sarcastically. 

I roll my eyes, tutting.

Is he silly?

Why would I ask a Russian mafia man where the Italian Mafia men were?

"I meant Alessia and... my mum," I say, turning on my innocent act. My eyes widen as I blink up at his sleazy face and I bite my lip. 

He falls for it as his face softens slightly before he corrects it. He stands up, clearing his throat and turns to leave. 

"I'll take you to Alessia soon. You'll have to ask your dad about your mum," he says without turning back to look at me. I watch as he leaves, a mixed feeling of relief and panic washing through me.