Sam and Dean

The tension in the Quinjet was thick as you and Bucky sat in silence, each of you lost in your own thoughts. Bucky had been avoiding you like the plague but that was no surprise, his jaw clenched thigh as he stared down at the clouds out of the window.

You moved uncomfortably in your seat, your eyes finding his figure. Whether you liked it or not - whether he liked it or not, you needed to break the ice. You couldn't arrive there pretending to be a couple when it was clear from miles away he'd push you down a hill if he could.

"So," You started. "Anything you wanna add to the plot? This shit says little about it, Fury is letting us set up a story." You said, looking up again from your papers. Papers that needed to be burned in case anyone found them. Rules. "Like.... when we met?How we met? Something like that?"

"Isn't that enough?" He muttered, not turning his head to look at you.

"No." You said letting out a sigh. "Listen, you need to put this one-sided fight you have with me away for a
moment. We're on a mission to save lives, not on
vacation."

He finally turned to look at you for a long moment,
before crossing his arms under his chest and sink in the seat he was sitting on. "We met at a party thanks to our common friend, Steven. We immediately hit it off and I asked you out the same night, you said yes and we got together a few months after that - two months, to be exact. The tenth of march is our anniversary. We got engaged three years later the same day and got married...... when's your birthday?"

"Seventh October." That was the day you were
supposedly born. But no one was sure, since you didn't have a birth certificate.

"Seventh October of the same year. We moved there due to my work since you're a stay at home wife, and we have been talking about adopting a cat." He finished. "Is that good enough?" He asked sternly.

"Perfect, actually."

"Great." He grunted. "Now shut it."

"And they say I'm the rude one." You muttered
under your breath.

"I can hear you."

"You'll survive."

* * * *

The taxi pulled up in front of a modest two-story house, its faded paint and overgrown lawn gave it a cozy vibe. There was even a porch. Not that you knew what to expect, you've never lived in a house before - and frankly, you couldn't wait to have your own kitchen even if it was just a big play pretend for the mission.

You and Bucky got out of the car, taking your heavy bags from the trunk. The taxi driver, who was an undercover SHIELD agent, nodded at the both of you before driving away, leaving you both alone to face the mission. You weren't nervous, and neither was he. If anything, your only complaint was the fact that he wouldn't talk to you unless it was absolutely necessary.

The neighborhood was quiet, and you could see a few people already looking curious at the new couple in town. Little did they know how much that man hated you.

Unlike you, Bucky was looking at the house with a critical eye, his expression almost unreadable. Not that you had ever seen him without that frown.

"What's your complain now?" Your hands found your waist, and you looked at him waiting for an answer.

"Too many windows. A kid would be able to break in any second." He said - he wasn't wrong but if they chose this house, they must have had a reason. He looked at you for a second before motioning you to follow him as he made his way up to the front door.

"Home sweet home." You said, walking inside.

"Stay here. I'll do a quick check of the house to see if
everything is alright." You two just arrived and he already started to boss you around.