Investigation

As the shrill sound of the alarm pierced silence of the morning, you groaned and reluctantly cracked open your eyes. God, if you were tired. You and Bucky had spent the whole previous night with Sam and Dean, talking about the case and getting to know each other a little better. It had been a bit awkward, though, because Bucky didn't even try to look interested and you weren't really the social butterfly either.

But those two? Dean was about as social as a dead snake and Sam.... at least Sam tried. But it was kind of hard considering the evident fight the two brothers had going on, whatever the reason was.

Tossing aside the sheets, you swung your legs over the edge of the bed, your feet meeting the cold hardwood floor. The sunlight filtered through the curtains and you lazily rubbed your eyes and got up, walking towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.

You didn't sleep much last night, as your mind kept reminding you of the case you were working on. You had dealt with Hydra-related missions before, but never like this. And for some reason, this time you felt a shiver run down your spine every time you thought about it.

You walked downstairs all refreshed, even if you wouldn't be opposite to hop into bed once again, and the scent of coffee filled the rooms. You figured it must have been Bucky, since the spot on the couch where he slept on last night was empty. He had refused to sleep in the same bed as you and, honestly, you didn't comply much. No reason to make the situation more awkward than it already was.

As you walked into the kitchen, your eyes immediately fell on Bucky who was engrossed in the files of the case spread out on the table.

You cleared your throat, breaking the silence as you sat down a few seats away from him. "Morning."

Bucky glanced up, almost as if he didn't even hear you walk in. But you know he did, he was just not acknowledging you. "Took you long enough." He muttered.

You rolled your eyes as you poured yourself some coffee, frowning when you noticed some muffins on the table as well. "Who are those from?"

"I bought them this morning." He grunted. "As a sweet husband buying breakfast for his wife."

"Mrs Barnes appreciates."* You mocked him, as you didn't think twice about eating one of those delicious muffins. You were starving without even realizing.

"Anything new?" You asked, referring to the files.

"No." He simply said. "But I think those two are hiding something.?" He admitted, and that made you frown.

"Who? Sam and Dean?"

"Yeah." He nodded, his eyes finding yours. "Don't tell me you didn't notice their behavior yesterday. They're also related, Fury never sends siblings on a mission together since it could compromise the whole thing if feelings are involved."

"I did notice, that's why I called Fury." You said. "He told me they're good in what they do and that he had no other options."

"'Sounds weird." He muttered.

"Very. But Fury knows what he's doing, so....... let's just go with the flow." You shrugged, biting the chocolate muffin. "Mrs Barnes would also love some pizza tonight." You hinted, smirking at his annoyed expression.

"Eat that quickly because Dean is taking you on a trip today." He rolled his eyes at you, getting up. "Should be here anytime now, I met him early this morning."

"Uh?"

"He insisted on taking you to interrogate Cassandra's family today, the nurse. See if you can find a lead or something." He explained.

"Wasn't I supposed to be the stay at home wife?" You raises a brown but didn't complain. You could never complain if it meant trying to solve this case and go back home as soon as possible.