The Wendigo Project

You were in Mrs White's office, lounging on her luxurious leather couch. The soft hum of the air conditioning filled the room as you unwrapped a candy she had given you just before she started shouting angrily into the phone. You had witnessed many of her outbursts before, mainly towards her employees, so her current anger didn't surprise you. She usually kept you out of earshot during these episodes, but for some reason she didn't ask you to leave that time.

You didn't mind, as her couch was more comfortable than your bed and her office widow provided a view of the woods outside. So you were simply chilling as she was red in anger.

"You're an idiot, Mike! That was the only - no, don't blame this on me! Do you know how hard it is to find one? That was our only subject and you killed it!" She kept shouting, piquing your curiosity this time.

"I don't care! How can we continue working if we're empty handed?! I don't care if we have one last sample, our main resource of blood is dead! " Her yelling continued, and you sat up straight as she started to smash things around. "What?! Don't you even dare suggesting it."

Then, she glanced at you. "No." She said, after debating something in silence. "She's needed alive - you know why."

You frowned. Was she talking about you?

"I don't care. She's- Michael." That sounded like a warning. "Everything's going to shit here, if she dies we lose our only- how can you be sure? I know what she is, don't forget I was the one who gave b- yes, but I don't think she can take it. If she turns, I'll lose my only tie to him and I can't risk it."

She sighed, sinking down on her chair behind her desk - her eyes flickered to you once again. "If she dies, I'll destroy everything you hold dear, which is yourself." She said, letting out a defeated sigh. She agreed.

She hung up the phone, throwing the object on the desk in front of her. You two stayed silent for what seemed like an eternity, as you knew better than to talk to her whenever she was having these moments. But she spoke first.

"Kid?" She glanced over at you.

"Yeah?"

"You have a mission. The most important one, and I need you to survive. Can you do that for me?"

"I can do anything."

You vaguely remember exactly what happened next, but you knew it messed you up completely.

Mrs White had a worried expression on as her scientists secured you to the bed, with countless needles piercing your skin. The pain was deadly, unlike anything you had ever experienced before. But you could take it, you had to. It was for the greater good.

You fell finally unconscious after a while, still unsure to this day if it was due to the horrible pain or if they gave you something. When you finally awoke, your senses were intensified - every sound, every smell, every sensation was amplified making you feel lost and disorientated.

Not to talk about the headache, but it was all worth it. As soon as you saw Mrs White's proud smile, you decided then you'd do it all over again. Praises came from left and right, you were being treated better than before and you finally, finally made it to a higher level. You were finally allowed out of the facility, actively fighting on the field.

You had new super strength and stamina, able to lift weights that you couldn't before. The only human who survived to the "Wendigo Project" without turning into a monster but still having the creature's abilities. Super strength was one of those, but the one Mrs White was the most proud about was the fact that using your blood, they were able to create more things like you.