ಠ_ಠ I have enemies already

🌷🕯️🎀🦢🩰🌹🪽

The bell echoed through the dark corridors of HellSchool, signaling the end of another day in Hell's educational realm. Pete made his way to the courtyard, where shadows stretched long in the dimming light of the pentagon moons. He spotted Krampus leaning against a fiery tree, his cloven hooves casually crossed and next to him, HellSchool's emerging popular demon- Clarity, also known as the new girl like a week ago.

Eyeing his target, Pete made meaningful steps toward the pair, all the while attracting the attention of every demon in the courtyard. He couldn't blame them, with his flaming feathers lighting up behind bright enough to imitate the sun.

Drawing closer he could hear the pair were in mid-conversation as Clarity giggled.

"Right," she agreed, Krampus in front of her.

"You ain't seen shit if you just grew up in Satanio," Krampus chuckled.

She giggled, "They're a bunch of cabbages."

Krampus laughed, "You also heard about them—"

"Hey, guys."

Pete jumped in, causing the pair to go silent.

"Oh hey, Pete," Clarity replied amicably, smiling at him while the demon beside her grunted.

Krampus flashed her a look when Pete asked, "You guys talking about your hometown?"

Her leg shifted, "Yeah, the ring had faced some flaming twisters lately."

Pete expressed his concern as his eyebrows scrunched together, "My condolences. Are you and your dad okay?" The question was directed at her.

"Nutty Putty usually remains unaffected by terrors, but I can't say the same for No Man's Land." Her eyes drifted to Krampus.

Pete directed his gaze to Krampus who gave Clarity the 'why you making me talk to him' look. "Krampus, is there trouble in Satanio paradise?"

"Go to the crows! I don't have the energy to deal with your attitude."

Krampus looked about ready to pound, rip, and eat Pete on the spot which the phoenix didn't seem too concerned about.

"Right, I guess I just had to be the good guy and take your Clarity away from you."

"Damn straight."

Clarity interjected before Krampus anger makes another appearance. He seems to register her and instantly back down.

Meanwhile, Pete stood there as if he had expected that to happen, albeit with a conflicting look that crossed his features.

She took ahold of his hand and gently stroked it to ease his tension, "I'll see you after this next class. Promise?" Her golden hues were shining with sincerity as Krampus felt a prickly feeling in his chest while looking at absolutely the most precious demon in hell.

And just as he was about to reply..

"Sorry to interrupt, but we need to head to our next class," Pete said, glancing at Krampus. The demon imp-goat could've sworn his voice sounded smug; Pete was always known to enjoy anything that involved tormenting Krampus and making his life more difficult, justifying his reasons for unaliving him so many times in the past.

The demon hunk merely huffed as the two left, his mood not at all at ease by the closeness of Pete to the pink demon belle when they were in conversation.

Clarity noticed a subtle shift in the air as they walked towards the classrooms. Unspoken emotions lingered between her and Pete. She tried to maintain the friendly conversation, but there was an unshakable tension surrounding them.