Chapter 3

Caleb

"It's 501 speaking."

My radio beeped with the message from one of my comrades.

"Go ahead," I said while moving around for the last round of the art gallery.

"Miss. Parker has finally arrived in the building."

This made me stop in my tracks.

My heart dropped in my stomach and I felt sweat form on my forehead.

Miss. Parker has finally arrived in the building.

This was the news I'd been waiting for ten years.

Ten hard-core years.

For ten years I've been looking for her at every nook and corner.

For ten years I searched her everywhere; from country to country, city to city, I rummaged her everywhere. I hand-picked each stone to find her.

Finally.

Finally, my endless search for her is now over.

"Roger that."

I replied to him before ending my conversation and running towards the entrance.

It's not the right time to meet her. I first need to observe her from afar.

I need to first believe she indeed is her.

Mia.

My Mia.

I need to see her alive with my own eyes to believe that she didn't leave me alone in this world.

That she didn't forget our promise to never leave each other and hasn't forgotten me, us.

"Hey, man! Where the hell are you stuck?" Tyler's annoying voice barked impatiently from my radio.

Despite being my polar opposite, almost miraculously, he became my best friend. He annoys the hell out of me but I know he truly cares for me and will always have my back.

We first met in the army when I got enrolled there to serve the country. He was my roommate there.

Despite my introverted nature and art of speaking my mind with just a few words, he aggressively barged in with his over-extroverted nature and outgoing personality. I tried my best to shut him out but he was more stubborn than me.

Well, his stubbornness worked best for our friendship, and from then on, we always did stuff together. We share almost everything and back each other up in every situation.

Even when I told him my need to find my long-lost friend, which was almost impossible to even think about, he gladly offered me his help and swore that he would stick with me till the end of the road.

"No matter if she is alive or dead. No matter if she lives under the sea or up in the sky. I promise you, man, I'll help you find her and will be there for you with all my strength and resources." He swore confidently when I told him about her.

From that onwards, we made it our mission to find her.

I mapped the step-by-step plan to reach her and he followed me religiously.

That was my last breaking point and from that onwards, I took an oath to support him and endure his extremely annoying personality for life.

After serving our country in the army for three years, we decided to train ourselves more with Taekwondo, martial arts, Jiu-jitsu, karate, and Krav Maga.

I knew my path would be full of danger and big sharks. I wanted to prepare myself in every possible way.

Therefore, after training ourselves, I used my lifelong savings that I earned for years by doing odd jobs, and with the help of Tyler's father, we started our own Security Services Company.