Chapter 6

Hope

A tear rolled down my cheek, followed by dozens of them.

I pulled my legs up and hugged them tightly before hiding my face in them and letting out the sob I was holding in so desperately.

Being surrounded by limited people around me, I've never fought or argued with them. I have always been timid and obedient.

But this time, I can't let someone else's opinion decide my action.

No matter how much I like Watson, I can't do this.

I desperately want to feel worth living my life and he has to understand this.

But still, I don't want us to fall on odds because of this.

He is still the only friend I have in my life and I am not bold enough to lose him. Especially not when I want him to be on my side when I step forward in my life.

Plus, he is also an important part of the reason why I wanted to do this so much.

I sighed and wiped my tears before rushing towards the window to see if he was still there or left.

I will talk to him again and will make him understand that this will not put me in any danger. I'll do everything to protect myself and he doesn't need to feel so scared for me.

I know he will understand when he thinks about it with an open mind.

When I reached the window that opened in an alley where his bike was parked, I saw him right away.

He hasn't left yet.

With the smile, I was about to open my tinted window so that he could see me, when another figure appeared in my vision, making my smile drop instantly.

Watson wasn't alone.

He was leaning against his bike with his arms folded on his chest, while a girl with a tall and breathtaking figure, covered by the leather pants and top, was cupping his face and saying something to him.

My stomach churned with jealousy when I saw their proximity.

Watson didn't make any effort to remove her hands from his face. Instead, he loosened his tight folded hands and dropped them on her waist to pull her in a hug.

THEY WERE HUGGING.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES.

I couldn't see the face of that girl but with her dark clothes, tight ponytail, and steady frame, she was oozing confidence, which I so lacked.

I soon felt inferior and insecure about myself.

And that left my tongue with a bitter taste and rage started replacing it gradually.

Her hands were tightly securing him in her embrace, making my anger boil in my veins.

Calm down, Hope.

They are just hugging.

No, they are HUGGING.

She must be his friend or something. You can't expect him to be friends with you only.

But they are HUGGING.

Oh, come on. You guys hugged too. Remember that night? Your nightmare? Ring any bell?

That was a different thing. I was scared and he was just comforting me.

Oh stop it, you are being unreasonable-

Oh, wait.

She released him from her leachy hold but before I could take a breath of relief, she stepped forward again and gave him a peck on his lips before ruffling his hair and leaving him after bidding a quick goodbye.