Chapter 8

Caleb

When we believe that nothing can go wrong and that we've decided and planned everything thoroughly and carefully, fate comes out silently from the shadows and kick our asses from behind.

That's exactly what I felt when I reached the almost abandoned bookstore after running violently behind that bastard for an hour.

I don't remember when I parted ways with my comrades, but I gradually found myself alone in the down skirts of the city while following the lead I'd been waiting for years.

However, little did I know that my passion and strength would go down the drain in an effort to save someone I didn't even know.

But what could I have done?

The moment I entered that place and my eyes landed on her, my world stopped for a second.

I don't remember if I ever felt that pull or attraction towards someone this much, but I bet that the girl who was standing in front of me doesn't even know how badly she stirred my heart with just a single innocent but completely sinful look.

The store was almost in the dark, with just the warm yellow light of the lamp on the table beside her and the one on the porch.

However, my eyes still managed to outline and adore her from head to toe.

Right from her long curly hair, big doe eyes, pink plump lips, and something like a stun gun and spray in her hands that was harmlessly in the air, making her look wonderful and cute.

And I bet if we'd met under some other circumstances, I would have chuckled at how adorable she looked with that puzzled and lost look on her face even though she had items of security right in her hands.

Though, I am sure she has never once used those items before.

However, when my eyes landed on her chest, which was rising and falling heavily under my gaze, and the most seductive pair of legs that were almost bare under her short white dress, my shaft became rigid instantly.

Plus, when my eyes caught her squeezing and pressing her thighs together, my mind almost went crazy and I found myself getting harder to an extent I didn't even know was possible with just one look.

It was the real work to calm my fucking nerves down and tune my mind back again on the mission at hand but somehow I gradually made the mistake of looking her directly in the eyes and again fell into the trap of need.

Because those eyes, even in the dark, failed to hide their emotion; especially desire.

And I could understand that look in a second because I was struggling on my own with those too.

However, to my advantage, I was a lot more experienced in masking my feelings and she, well, fortunately, was wearing each emotion like an open book on her face.

And that was something that came to me like a breath of fresh air and made her even more attractive if that was even possible.

Living a life that was built around sorrows, lies, deception, and complete evil, her transparency was pulling me towards her the same way light attracts a moth.

And when she looked at me with so much trust in her eyes when that crook caught her and was using her as a shield against me, my mind became blank and the only thought that remained intact with me was to save her at any cost.

Just her mere hiss when he tried to pressure me while digging the gun further into her head made me so mad yet so vulnerable, that I couldn't do anything but let him threaten me and escape.