Chapter 9

Caleb

"Where the hell were you man? I've been calling you for hours." Tyler came hot on my tail with loud and annoyed steps, as soon as I entered our room.

I ignored him and went straight into the bathroom, leaving him huffing and puffing in the air.

I know I can't skip his questions forever, but I can surely delay them to first gather my thoughts and come up with logical thinking before I sit in front of him for the interrogation that will undoubtedly take more than an hour.

And to answer those questions and wash away the tension that had been in my body for hours, I urgently and desperately needed a shower.

Thus, I set the temperature of the shower before securing my wound carefully and discarding my bloodied clothes in the basket beside the sink.

As soon as I entered the shower head, my tensed muscles started becoming relaxed gradually.

I placed my hands on the shower wall and let the hot water flow from my hair to my back before soaking my whole body completely.

This night has been insane.

First that attack on Mia, then from almost clawing the man who might solve the puzzle in my mind regarding 'Mia' to my dreamlike encounter with that girl.

The girl with the green eyes and pouty lips.

With long curls and soft skin.

Damn! How much I wish I could fondle her soft flesh and claim those teasing lips.

At least for once, I wish I could taste them for once.

But I very well know that the urge of that one taste would have definitely ended up with something more. A LOT more.

Fuck!

Even the thought of it hardened my shaft instantly.

I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head to make my thoughts about her fall from my mind somehow and turned the setting of the hot shower into the cold one to help my unfortunate erection.

Damn.

I really need to focus on Mia and my mission, and remembering her constantly will only distract me from my motive.

And my distraction has only made me fall ten steps back from my mission in just one night.

I can't even imagine what will happen if I keep losing my shit like that for her.

I wonder if I would have run after him after saving her, maybe-maybe I would have gotten some clue about him.

But no, I stayed there.

I delayed my departure.

Made our parting as slow as I could.

And now? I'm left with nothing but a superfluous erection and zero fucking clue.

Get your damn thoughts together, Caleb. And forget about her for now.

Yes, for now.

Because if everything goes the way I've planned, then after finishing my mission, no matter how long it'll take, I'll find her again.

I will find her and will do everything in my power to make her mine.

Because I very well know what she ignited in me cannot be forgotten, and no other girl can do that.

That I'm hella sure about.

Because let's face it, I've been keeping my composure for ten freaking years.