Chapter: 1

POV: Aria Delaney

I heard footsteps in my room and was sure it was Luna, my best friend and roommate. I opened my eyes slowly, noticing her dark curls.

"Hey, old lady, why don't you get up and wash the dishes from last night before I kick your ass out of bed?" Luna called.

"Ugh, just leave me alone," I grumbled, covering my head with the blanket.

"Get your ass up!" she yelled, grabbing me by the hip. She lifted me and threw me off the bed.

"OW!" I screamed. Wearing a thin shirt and black shorts, I got up slowly and headed to the bathroom. I just need five more minutes of sleep. I removed my clothes, stepped into the shower, and turned on the water, taking a cold bath. I sat down in the bathtub, closing my eyes as the water kept running. I fell asleep.

"ARIA!" I heard a loud voice. I opened my eyes, expecting Luna. She stood near the door, fire in her eyes.

"Sorry," I said, laughing. I grabbed a towel, wrapped it around me, and brushed my teeth and hair. When I got out of the bathroom, I saw Luna washing the dishes herself.

"Love ya, bae," I said, kissing her cheek and tickling her.

"Shut up, you haven't washed them in ages!" she said, laughing. I joined her, then drank a glass of water. It was 6 a.m., and we had to leave for our second year of college.

"Alex will kill us. Call him," Luna said. Alex is our best friend. We joke that he's gay because he's never dated anyone, but he's just picky. We met him in middle school, and we're very close. I was sent to an orphanage when I was little, so Alex and Luna are my family. Luna and Alex are twins; their parents love me as their own child and give us pocket money. We live in a house that belongs to their parents. They're the best people I've ever met.

I walked up to Alex's room, hearing no sound. I opened the door and saw him asleep, shirtless in gray sweatpants. I used to have a crush on him in high school before I knew he and Luna were twins. When I confessed my feelings, he gently turned me down, and Luna still teases me about it. Alex is quiet around others but funny with us.

"Alex," I called softly. I grabbed a pillow and slammed it into his face.

"UGH! LET ME SLEEP!" he yelled, grabbing my wrist. I laughed, and he smiled.

"Get up, we need to leave," I said, laughing more. He got up and grabbed a shirt from his closet.

"What are you looking at?" he asked, catching me staring.

"Nothing," I said, grabbing his blanket. I cleaned his bed, and we left the room together. Luna had prepared breakfast.

"Morning, sis," Alex said, walking down the stairs with his hands in his pockets.

"Good morning, people," she replied with a smile. We sat at the dining table and started eating.

"Do you guys have extra classes?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, I guess," Alex said. We had separate classes.

"I'll go get dressed," I said, still wrapped in a towel.

"Start wearing clothes at home," Alex said.

"Alright," I said, running to my room. I changed into wide baggy jeans and a fitted shirt with sleeves. I dried my hair, put on sunscreen, applied a little makeup, and finished with red lipstick.

Aria's outfit

"Let's start with a brand new one," I said to myself

"Let's start with a brand new one," I said to myself. I walked out of my room and saw Alex and Luna dressed.

"Let's go," Alex said, holding his car keys. We walked out to Alex's car in the parking lot. Luna sat in the back, needing more sleep, so I sat in the front. Alex drove to college. Everyone watched Alex's car as we arrived.

Alex got out and opened the door for me, then for Luna. He's a true gentleman. We walked inside, and everyone stared at us. Alex was between me and Luna. We stopped and had to split up for our different classes.

"See you guys later," I said, walking backward.

"Watch out!" Alex said, trying to grab my wrist. I tripped on someone and fell on my butt.

"OW!" Alex helped me up.

"WATCH IT!" a guy growled.

"ZIP IT," Alex warned him.

"You wanna pick a fight, huh?" the guy said. He was one of the jock jerks. Alex, Luna, and I were all boxers. The guy grabbed Alex by the collar.

"HANDS OFF, ASSHOLE!" I shouted, glaring at him. The guy let go of Alex, who didn't even react. Luna rolled her eyes and blew a kiss at us before going to her class.

"What class do you have?" Alex asked, still glaring at the guy.

"English. What about you?" I asked.

"I guess we ended up in the same class," he said, laughing. I joined his laugh. We walked into our class, and I noticed Alex's best friend.

"Hey, man!" Jasper said, hugging Alex.

"Hey, bruh," Alex replied, hugging him back. "I missed you."

Jasper made him sit beside him. Great. I end up alone again. I looked around and noticed a guy sleeping on his desk. That seems peaceful. I put my bag down and shook the guy gently.

"Wake up," I whispered. The guy opened his eyes, looking confused. He glanced at the professor, who smiled at him.

"Good morning, everyone," the professor said. Everyone replied. The guy next to me wore a cream shirt, white jeans, and black shoes. He had glasses, a perfect nose, and red lips—super classy.

The guy's outfit

"Excuse me?" I heard Luna's voice

"Yes?" the professor said, surprised.

"The principal made a mistake in my schedule and asked me to follow my friends for now. They're here. Can I come in?" she asked.

"Of course, please find them," the professor said, welcoming her in. She found Alex first and sat beside him and Jasper. She turned, looking for me, but didn't spot me as I was sitting way in the back. I texted her my location. She turned and saw me, then noticed the handsome guy next to me. I put my phone away, trying to stay awake.

"Hey," the guy said. I looked at him, unsure if he was talking to me.

"Hi," I replied.

"What's your name?" he whispered.

"Aria," I whispered back. "What's yours?"

The professor received a call and had to dismiss the class before starting.

"Dante!" someone called.

"Hey, Mister Ferrari?!" a few guys called.

"Dante?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Dante Ferrari," he said.

"Cool," I said, nodding.