CHAPTER 14

Why? Why did you lie to me, MOM?

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

I'm in the kitchen, making tortilla wraps. Lately, I don't know what's been happening to me. I can't decipher anything. Can't decipher her. I can't confront her about her decision. She was soo nervous that day. So scared.

You've become a monster, Jeon Jungkook.

I hear the clicking of the drawer as I turn expecting Mia. It's her Y/n. I watch her in her boxer shorts and a big hoodie that comes upto her knees. I guess that's Jimin's? I watch her on her toes as she grabs the cereal box. I intentionally slap myself for ogling her. While doing that, I slap myself for envisioning things. I shake my head, not clear about what I just heard. Yes, you heard right.

"Jungkook. I---I want to talk"

I look at her petite figure. Her SMOL frame. I nod, after long. I turn away from the kitchen counter as I hold the island from behind, my arms flexing without me knowing. I look at her, as I notice her gentle shiver.

"Jungkook, about what I said at the court. I'm sorry. I should've told you... Please don't misunderstand this. I just---I just need some time. To settle things. I hope you understand"

Is there something more she wants to say? She looks at me, her eyes full of doubt. She's picking her fingers. I'm about to open my mouth as she interrupts. Her eyes tightly closed as she says in one breath- "I know you want to say that I'm a cheater. That my sister and me are the same. Jungkook I should've told you about that to save you the trouble of going to court. I'm sorry"

I watch her slowly open her eyes. Did she really think that? Gosh damn if I could tell her

I say "Y/n. If what I did can even partially be overcome by giving space for 3 months, I'd gladly do the same. That time, I was too hurt that I lost it. I'm sorry. I know that was a bad excuse"

Shit! Tf I'm saying??!

I watch her as she keeps mum. Why don't you say anything, Y/n?  I clear my throat. YES, YOU CAN ASK JUNGKOOK.

"Tortillas?"

I watch her nod her head as she moves towards the island. She comes closer, her flinch less noticeable, as she moves towards the island, towards me.

I back off, accommodating her as her hands linger on the plate. If I'm not mistaken, I did hear a chuckle, "I don't think this is how we make tortillas" 

'Oh---l...that"

"Take a seat. I'll get them done"

I sit across the island as I watch her roll it diagonally, stuffing it. "About yesterday.... I'm sorry, I did really freak out a bit" I watch her chew her lips. I bite back, "It's okay! That's what every doctor would do for his patient" I watch her confusion written over her face. "Doctor?"