CHAPTER 15

SAVE ME. ALL suddenly black. All dead.

All I know now is I'm being pulled. Pulled upwards. I'm coughing as my whole body strains towards the platform. My belly aches as I feel the stinging taste in my mouth. I'm coughing, dying to get one last grasp of breath. It is in these moments I realized, how much I had craved to just gasp air. To be able to breath.

My eyes are red. My heart beats faster. I've no words as I'm panting. Painting like a dog. I look back at the pool as I unintentionally turn hysterical. I drag myself, away from it, my breath loud as I hit him. Body warmth. I hug him, my head buried in his chest. Everything aches. I know how I felt what Heaton did to me. I felt it. Felt it again and only I know that. I tighten my fists as I pant heavily.

"If you didn't know how to swim, you shouldn't have put your ass there, Y/n. Do you even realize you could have drowned and died if I hadn't seen you? If you don't know, why are you putting yourself in-" I'm crying as my sobs grow louder

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

"If you didn't know how to swim, you shouldn't have put your ass there, Y/n. Do you even realize you could have drowned and died if I hadn't seen you? If you don't know, why are you putting yourself in-" I stop, letting my words enter the black hole. Is she crying? I silence myself as she slowly calms down, and faintly says between her sobs, "I felt like I was choked"

I had no answer to that. She couldn't even completely tell me about her past without crying, considering the fact that I'm no one to her. And she said that she felt like she was being choked.

I curse under my breath as I look down at her. Her bare skin touching my rough body. I curse myself for thinking even that as I wrap her in the towel and carry her in bridal style. I wait hesitantly, expecting a tight slap on my cheek but. But she does nothing. She's snuggling closer, avoiding my eyes. She has stopped panting. Stopped crying.

I'm ascending the stairs carefully as I hear Mai yell- "The floor's dripping wet. What the fuck of a show are you both putting on?" I grasp her tighter as I ignore Mia. The servants are not paid for nothing. I take her to the guestroom. I don't want her to even think, I'm taking advantage or I'm about to hurt her. Though I've. I've had multiple times. I put her on her bed as she still doesn't look at me.

Y/N'S POV:

I don't look at him. Tears are threatening to fall from my eyes. No Y/n you are strong. You have to be. I watch him as he hands me a glass of water. I don't take it. My focus is not on anything. I'm traumatized. He picks thermometer as he comes closer to me. With all the strength left, I raise my hand as I tell him, "Please leave. I need some space and I can do it myself"

I watch his face. I suddenly want to spit 'Sorry'. I'm sorry Jeon Jungkook. He was just trying to help.

He backs away as he leaves. I felt relieved. He respected what I said. If you would've done all of this earlier Jungkook, we could have found a way out. A way out of this tangled mess we are in.

I heave as I arch my head back and forth. Tears fell down as I remember my mother. The family who I never could know well. Who I never could stay with.