An Assassin

"It has powdered poison over it!"

"WHAT!!"
Everyone present there gasped in unison.

"Do you have any idea what are you saying about, kid? "
Mr. Jeon asked.

"Yes, uncle. I am damn sure."
Y/n replied.

"How are you so sure, Y/n?"
Jimin asked.

"It's a poison in the form of powder.  It's name is 'Ricin'. It turns slightly shiny pink when gets in contact with a metal and we can see it here, on the ring."
She explained.

"And... What does it supposed to mean?"
Jungkook asked cocking a brow.

"Well, it is highly toxic and can be fatal even in small doses. When inhaled, ingested and absorbed through the skin, Ricin can cause severe harm to the body, leading organ failure and death. It's not easy to get it anywhere. It is used both legitimate and illegal. In medication, it is used for cancer medicines but also illegally it is used mostly for assassination. It is lethal even in very small amounts. So basically, it should be present in laboratories with legal orders or in the hands of some enemy to assassinate his foe illegally. And if we found it here.... so casually, then it is not casual.......

Someone wants to kill Jungkook."

"What??"
Mr. Jeon along with others except Jungkook, Y/n, Jennie and Yoongi, gasped.

"Y/n is Right..... "
Yoongi said and everyone looked towards him as he continued.

"This is an illegal poison and can be used only with legal orders from higher authorities. Although some criminals does it's illegal smuggling for assassination. As a soon-to-be scientist, you should believe me.
Someone sent an assassin to kill Jungkook."
He ended it.

"What should we do now?"
Mr. Jeon said in deep thoughts.

Everyone was tensed and afraid now.

Y/n was drowned in her own whirlwind of thoughts when her eyes catched something, infact someone in all black with black mask on the railing of second floor behind the wall.
But shocking thing was that he had a snipper in his hands, aimed on.... Jungkook's head.

Sweat beads started forming on her forehead, her mind went numb and fear started enveloping her.

'Y/n!! Calm yourself and save him. What should I do? Wait, thank god I changed my heels from my shoes and put 'that' for emergency.'
She was internally talking to herself.

She relaxed her mind and slowly started bending her legs backward to reach her hand to the belt which was tied up around her calf, without getting caught by anyone.

As she grabbed whichever was hanged on that belt, she took a deep breath and tightened her grip while praying for good.

With a speed of light, she took out that thing and shot that guy-in-black's hand.

Everyone shouted at the sudden gunshot and looked towards Y/n.

Everyone's mouth was hung open in shock and fear, seeing a raging Y/n with her straight arms grabbing a gun, pointed towards the upper floor.

"Wh-What is this Y/n?"
Jungkook asked and Jennie ran towards that guy-in-black because she saw Y/n shooting him and Y/n ran behind her ignoring everyone, then ignoring his own question Jungkook also ran behind her.

After them everyone ran behind them and Mr. Jeon announced the dispersal as they were afraid now and the guests started dispersing immediately.

They reached at that groaning guy-in-black, Y/n immediately grabbed his collar in desperation, while other hand Jennie tore the mask.

"Who sent you here?"
Y/n asked in anger.

The guy smirked in pain and started coughing blood, before everyone could understand anything... His soul left his body.

Yoongi took a pill which got out of his mouth when he was coughing. And said,

"Shit! He was an assassin, and this is also a Ricin pill."

Y/n chuckled and everyone was confused at her behaviour.

"Tsk, Tsk! How loyal... Wasn't he?"
She put the gun again on his head and shot 3 bullets again.

Everyone was afraid of her now.

"Calm down, Y/n."
Jennie said.

"Sorry, her anger issues."
Jennie apologized.

"Such anger issues? That she tore and fitted 3 bullets in that guy's skull?... I think one was enough.... "
Jimin nervously whispered to himself while gulping.

"Who the fuck is that person? And why he wants to kill me?"
Jungkook punches the walk out of frustration.

Everyone were tensed while other hand, Y/n's mind was working at it's highest speed.

Y/n's pov :

There is no chance anyone from outside can try to assassinate Jungkook..... not this smoothly.

It's someone from inside.

-

her eyes scanned every detail.

Yoongi, Jimin, Mr. Jeon, Rosé, Jennie.... No chance they can do anything but.....

"Who knows...."
She said while her eyes glued to floor and had a stern facade and everyone focused on her words as she continues

"They say, 'one can conquer the world but will get betrayal by his own people'. "

Her words only added another layer of confusion to Jungkook's already confused mind.

"What do you mean? "
Mr. Jeon interrupted.

"We will find it out soon. Relax and just get a tighter grip on the security system to prevent enemies. Although we should take actions immediately but we can't do anything right now so we better relax first... "

She said and in a swift of moment, her stern and raging expressions replaced by a soft smile.

Her duality is amazing - Jungkook thought.

".. Also they say, 'Anger and stress dulls the mind'.
We should relax and think about the solution with an easy mind. "

She continued. Everyone agreed at her words.

"Kids, ceremony is not completed yet. We have to complete it. Don't worry I arranged another couple ring for both of you."
Mr. Jeon said.

Jungkook and Y/n looked at each other, then again at Mr. Jeon.

"O... Kay. "
They said in unison.

A strong wave of nervousness engulfed them, not because of their engagement or the bond they are getting engaged in but they are insecure about eachother's feelings.

They don't know what the person thinks whom they are getting bonded with.

They know that they need to be with each other but why? And does other one also wants the same thing? What if they had to be get... Seperated?

"Kids!!"

Y/n and Jungkook flinched.

"You have a whole life ahead to stare at each other. Don't waste time and push rings in each other's hands, then stare at each other for whole life."

Mr. Jeon said and everyone started laughing and teasing them while they were embarrassed.

Jungkook's pov :

I didn't asked but as far as I know that she alone from a long and young period of time and having this much impressive shooting skills are not an easy cup of tea.

And the cruelness she had a while ago was... Insane.

Well, I won't lie that I am impressed and now I am feeling that her moves are driving me insane.

Fuck, I like her!

____________________________

Hahaha..... 😅