Chapter 2 A rescue?

"A mermaid?....A MERMAID!!!!!!!!" Said the first voice cheerfully. "Awesome ! Arthur  we could sell the mermaid to an aquarium or, or......." The man trailed off. "You know! Who cares to who we're going to sell her to! We're gonna be rich!" He exclaimed in joy. "Hold on a tick lad, We could sell it..." The other voice said. Then heard soft footsteps headed towards me."Or we could keep it as our own." The second voice emphasized. A hand reached and lifted my face. I slowly opened my violet eyes and was met with bight green ones. "She is gorgeous." The green eyed man muttered. On closer inspection of the man was somewhat pale, blonde and had very thick eyebrows. "Hey Arthur let me see!" The other voice called. 'Arthur' quickly moved aside for his friend to let him look. "Wow" he mumbled still not breaking eye contact. He reminded me of Nami, they both had the same slightly tanned skin and ocean blue eyes. But other than those similarities he had dirty blonde hair,and a cowlick that  pratruted from his hair. As I stared at them, terror pulsating through my body. What were they going to do with me? I was venerable, I was tired and weak. Not to mention all the bruises and cuts I had all over my body and tail, and I was losing a lot of blood. I tried to get up so I could escape but, my tired arms gave out under me. "Wow there love you might get hurt. Alfred! Hold her down!" Arthur ordered, Alfred did as he was told and got closer. I tried dragging my heavy bodie away from him but I only got so far. Alfred held my shoulders down with his enormous weight, and I could nearly move. I tried to slap him with my tail, and hissed but neither of them worked. I was tired and weak to get him off. A few moments later Arthur came back with a few ropes. Right when Alfred got off of me Arthur emidietly went to tiring my wrists. When he finished Arthur stepped back to admire his work, as I sat there giving him the coldest, meanest stare I could make. But he just stood there smirking, facing each other. My stare was broken when a warm, thick liquid fell in my eye, forcing me to shut it. "Oh, mermaid you are stunning." Arthur said as he knelt down to pick up my tail. Felling a bit dazed from the lack of blood in my head, I couldn't fight back. All I could do at the moment was stare at him in the eye and snarl. "Alfred," Arthur called. "Yes Arthur?" "Take us back to land, before the beach police find us." Commanded Arthur. "Yes sir!" Alfred responded and made his way to where the boat's steering was at, and took us to land. The whole time the boat was moving I saw the sun set, and heavy clods move in. I started to cry, remembering that I will never see my pod ever again. By the time we had reached the docks it was already night fall. Weak from the fight and bloodloss I didn't fight when Alfred picked me up from the boat floor and put me in the back of his red pickup truck. Not long after the tuck made an almost roaring notice and then began to move. As the truck drove through the the bumpy sand dunes, I noticed that the tail gate was loose. I dragged myself to the back of the trunk and put all my weight on it until it finally gave out, and I came tumbling out. At first the impact of my body hitting the warm dense sand momentarily took my breath away, but in just a few seconds I began to cough and let my lungs fill with air. Once I got my breath back I laid on the sand trembling. I had used all my remaining strength to get out of the truck and now it had left me weak and unable to move. Not long after, I felt my body begin to become numb. I had lost too much blood and was about to pass out. When I heard hurried steps steps berly bing muffled by the sand come rushing at me. "Miss? Miss are you all~a right? O-oh my," I heard the voice gasp. "Dont~a worry miss, I-I'll save~a you! J-just~a hold on."  The voice reassured, but it was too late everything around me was fading black. "Miss? Miss?!....."