Chapter 4 A good friend

I longingly looked at the window. From the little light I could see I could tell it was around sun-set. By this time the pod would be eating dinner, after dinner we would start singing and dancing. We would, until the sun fully disappeared along with all the light of day, and then go to sleep. Oh how I miss them, Nami, Siren and the others. I wanted to sing with our pod again. I turned around and sank into the cool water of the tub, giving a shaky sigh. I'd been stuck in this tub for a week and I was feeling extremely homesick. I wanted to hug and kiss all of them and after this I would never take our crowded sleeping cave for granted again. My eyes began to prickle and tears wanted to stream out, but I held them back not wanting to cry. I violently shook my head, trying to to make the memories go away. I stood there silently, feeling numb and frail. Trying to get my mind off of things I looked at my stomach, lately I noticed I had started to gain weight. Well of course it was in part by gorging myself in pasta and doing no exercise what so ever, really what else did I expect. I poked at it somewhat annoyed by the soft squishy bulge that stuck out from my stomach. I had always been fit throughout my life and it felt weird that I would look down and saw 'this'. I poked at it more feeling some sort of hatred towards it that I couldn't describe. The rattle of the knob snapped me back into reality. Knowing exactly who it was I flipped myself over, somewhat embarrassed, so Veneciano wouldn't see what I was doing. Water nsplashed everywhere. Swishing and swirling, creating a ruckus. The door swung open to find a giggly Italian. "Hello Selah~! What do you want for dinner, pasta again?" He asked, a wide smile spread across his face as he knelt down next to me. Seeing his smile only made it harder to speak. " I'm. Im not hungry..." "Wha-, is there-a something wrong bella? Are you~a sick, roll over so I can-a see if you're ok." He said, worry filling his voice. "NO!!! I'm fine just leave me alone!!" I spat back at him, making him jump. "Oh, ok. I'll leave you to your~a self." He said apologetically, then slowly turning and .making his way to the door. "Wait! I-I didn't mean that,I'm just. Just. Just upset." I called out for him. He turned to me and knelt down beside me. "What's~a wrong bella?" " I dunno, felling a bit homesick I guess," I said as I looked down at the water. "Oh! Of course, you've~a been here for a whole week! Of corse you'd~a be homesick! Come on, let get you to the car and I can drop you-a off at the peer maybe you can~a catch up to them." He exclaimed happily, pulling at my arm trying to pick me up. "No Feli, it's too late. The pod already left. And there is no way I could catch up to them. Not now, migration was supposed to be this week, but the wave reader predicted a storm and we had to go early. It's to late to go now." I said, sadly pushing his had away. He looked down at me with a big frown. "Bummer..." He whispered, he turned around and put his had on his neck. I could tell he was thinking of something but I couldn't tell what. Then the silence was to too much for me to bear and I had to let the last thing off my chest. " and that's not it,..." I said with a shaky sigh."I'm also, also getting...fat." Just saying those words wanted to make me throw up. "Is that it." Veneciano asked curiously. "Y-yes" I said my voice breaking as I did. I felt warm liquid started to drip down my face. Before I knew it I was sobbing uncontrollably, and there was no sign of stopping. A pair of arms locked around me and a head rested on my shoulder. "It's ok Selah. Why are~a you worrying so much. It not like you look~a ugly. You're still beautiful in my eyes." He said softly, holding me tighter as he did. His words calmed me, made me feel safe, and I was able to control my breathing. I wiped the tears off my eyes. "I-I'm sorry F-Feli, you're r-right. I'm worrying too m-much. But I just can't. I've n-never been chubby before, and it's a little foreign to me th-that all." I stuttered out trying to control my breathing more. His arms squeezed a little tighter. "I would understand." He said softly, he made me feel safe. He let go and stepped back. "So, where~a is this chubs you're~a talking about." He said comically. I slowly rolled over belly up so he could see. He leaned over the tub, all of a sudden I felt awkward and insecure. Began to blush of embarrassment, I wanted to turn upside down again and just be alone. But then Veneciano dove his hands into the water, tickling my soft squishy belly. It took me off guard and was defenseless to it, all I could do was laugh and laugh, almost crying. "Oh, so your ticklish are you~?" He said devilishly. "No, I mean. Yes. I mean stop tickling me!" I cried out between giggles. My squirms were making water splash everywhere. My squirming ended up slapping Veneciano in the face with my fins. "Ah! I'm so sorry Feli, I didn't mean to hurt you!" I said still laughing. He looked at me with an evil grin and took off his shirt. "Wha-, what are you doing!" I cried out in laughter, then Veneciano jumped into the tub splashing water everywhere. He pinned my arms down with one hand and the other tickled my belly. The weight of his body on top of me held me gown and I couldn't squirm around as much. I laughed and laughed, I couldn't stop.
After a good while of Veneciano tickling me we were both very tired. He got off slowly off of me and too tired he stayed in the tub with me. My squirming and turning must of tired him down. Even though we had splashed most of the water out he insisted sitting up so he wouldn't get more water on his face, and fell asleep. The sun had already set and I was tired too so I curled up with him. That's when I noticed he also had some chub in his belly, almost as much as mine but a little more. Shifted a little so I could get more comfortable, I laid my head on his collarbone, I felt his warm soft bare skin against mine. It wasn't long for his sleeping body to seance my warmth and reach out and hug me, pulling me closer. I blinked a little shocked, then got used to the sensation on having a warm body near me. I sighed and closed my eyes, wrapped my fins around his legs so I could keep him warm as well. Before I knew it I was fast asleep.